iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

vertical mill accesories

Started by hackberry jake, December 08, 2015, 05:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

Just got a rotary table and dividing head from my work. They are shutting the doors and selling everything off. I figured @Larry would be interested, since he has done some rotary table work for me already. The dividing head is a brown and Sharpe and the rotary table is a kearney and tracker. The rotary table is HEAVY! Hard to lift by yourself!

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Dave Shepard

When my friend Don was building his new shop, I urged him to build a little jib crane that would reach both his mill and lathe. He put up some resistance, but I wore him down. :D It has a small beam trolley on it and an electric hoist. He can put his rotary table on the mill or a heavy workpiece in the lathe without any straining.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Larry

Your just trying to make me jealous...doing a very good job of it I might add.

I hunted for two years for a Brown & Sharpe dividing head.  Every one I found was missing parts, broke beyond repair, or way out of my price range.  I finally gave up and bought a new clone made in India.  I think they were made in three sizes.  Yours looks to me the biggest but I made be wrong.  Make sure you get all the accessories.  I think three dividing plates, keys, and center.

I have an excellent Yuasa 12" rotary table.  I think it weighs around 150 pounds and seems to gain 10 pounds every year.  Its definitely a keeper for me, but if a smaller lighter one comes along I might add one.

Make sure you keep a sharp eye for tooling.  Even small things like end mill holders, edge finders, and collets.  Made in the USA stuff is very expensive, even on the used market.  Plums to look for would be Criterion boring heads, and Jacobs Super Chucks.  I'll think of a lot more in about 30 seconds.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!