iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Are Husqvarna dealers selling any 575's?

Started by Hoop, July 29, 2005, 05:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoop

Just curious how this saw is being received by the public.

I make no secret about my complete disappointment with the saw. 

Am I alone in my appraisal of the saw or is the thing actually selling fairly good?

Woodhog

I was at my Husky dealers today, was talking with the repair tech and he said his boss
was introduced to the 575 at some kind of meeting and he did not like the saw... he didnt say
why his boss disliked it .....

They did not have any in stock...

Furby

The dealer I spoke with back in the spring was all gung ho about them. Said everyone he talked to loved them and how much better he thought they were then the "old ones". ::)

rahtreelimbs

Husky always seemed to set the benchmark with their saws. Just run a 346,357,359,372.....etc. and you will see what I mean. But with the 575 they seemed to take a few steps backward.

I ran Jokers modded 575 and I like the way the saw woke up after EHP got his hands on it. If the saw was "geared up" it would even be better. However, after having a 372 for almost a year now I can't get over what a "pig" the saw it weightwise.

I hope husky is reading this and taking note!!!

Lose the neat-o' rev-limiter.................please!!!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

sawguy21

I have tried the 575 and am not impressed either. Too heavy and no appreciable performance gains. We still have the 372xp  and have not yet received the 575 but it is coming.
That saw is running so lean thanks to the EPA it needs the rev limiter but it is going to cause grief.
I sold my first 570 this week and am interested in seeing how that pans out.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lucky_cutter

If husqvarna comes out with a reasonably priced "575 enhancement package" (read screw the DEQ) that could be bought and easily installed, to boost the performance to weight ratio to where it should be, they would make a fortune. The 575 is a good saw but DEQ turned it into a dog.

macpower

Not sure what it's doing for Husky, but I think it has helped my Jonsered 2171 sales a bit!
Purveyor of Stihl chain saws.
Thomas 6013 Band Mill, Kubota L3400DT, Fransgard V3004, 2 lazy horses and a red heeler

Chris J

macpower, isn't it the phasing out of the Husky 372xp that's helping the Jred 2171 sales?  BTW, whenever I read a post (here or on other sites) about someone not being able to get a 372xp, I post a response to look into the Jred 2171.  Just doing my part for Jred.....

Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

jokers

I know a dealer who is selling a boatload of 575s ???, although 385s ??? are also very popular here.

The 372 was the pro`s choice by a significant margin over the 440 and 460 although the 460 is a very seller.

Russ

macpower

Mucha_Nada
That may be part of it. However I've switched quite a few Husky runners to red and black it seems. They come in squawkin' " too heavy, too slow". This could be just an adversion to anything new. I've never timed cuts between the two, but my impression is the 2171 feels hotter.
Purveyor of Stihl chain saws.
Thomas 6013 Band Mill, Kubota L3400DT, Fransgard V3004, 2 lazy horses and a red heeler

Thank You Sponsors!