iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sycamore log's ?

Started by BargeMonkey, November 13, 2015, 08:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Any pink sycamore I've sawn had shake so bad you could fold the board around and the edges would touch! :o
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

hackberry jake

Maybe the pink is a bacterial infection? I have seen sycamore that dried straight on the top of a stack and I have seen sycamore at the bottom of a stack twist and lift the stack. Just depends on the tree I guess. I have used good-behaving sycamore in a few projects and actually like its properties. Strong for how light it is and easy to put screws in without it splitting.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

This is pretty pink.  Customsawyer, Nomad, and I cut this yesterday.  No shake at all.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

BargeMonkey

That is some nice looking stuff.

timberlinetree

Wow that is some nice looking wood. Not sure but our eyes hurt/got waterery when chipping it. The foreman told us it's dust is poison but he could have been pulling our leg. We don't see much around but when we do we call it camo tree because of its bark.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Dave Shepard

I don't know if it's poisonous or not, but dust from platanus species is very irritating to the respiratory system.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!