iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Insurance

Started by Dewey, August 06, 2014, 07:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glassman_48

amen chuck,
I have business insurance that covers me for onsite mobile processing and where my firewood location is presently.  I have theft on my machine wherever it is at.  I am looking at doing the same thing with a sawmill so hopefully my agent could just add that on to my current policy. 

Dewey

I have just invested a large sum of money in a 4 sided Planer and a 38x 44' Building to put it in....  Part of the Building is going to be a wood fabrication shop to hopefully make and sell products that I saw from my sawmill.
At my location I have 4 buildings..... 1 for finished lumber storage, 1 for the sawmill,1 for eguipment storage, and the new building for the Planer.

I obviously need insurance for the bank for the loan I took out.... and insurance for liability for customers coming and going, I have two delivery trucks that need insurance also....

And I am going to need  workers comp soon ....

I think I said earlier ( if I didn't... sorry ) that I had insurance now and that a friend of mine is selling insurance now and couldn't find me coverage.
So this post was to see what may be out there that my friend may not have been able to find... :P

MAI

Glassman_48,
That's a question for an attorney to answer.  In our sue-happy world, a signed contract or hold harmless agreement may be worth less than the paper it's written on if someone gets hurt.       

glassman_48

MAI,
Thanks, kind of what I thought too.  When my son and I process firewood, we just keep people back, dont want anyone near my machine when its running at all. 

giant splinter

Dewey
If your mill in in its own shed and you are not inviting people into the shed while the mill is in operation you probably don't need any special mill insurance other than theft and loss coverage. as far as the rest of your operation goes it seems that you should be able to get it all under one umbrella as a general liability policy including product liability and your general liability for the delivery end of the operation. It might be a good idea to see what your bank wants and the add the business liability to that.
I really don't know much about insurance but I have sure paid my fair share over the years and I bet you will find a responsible agent who knows his carriers and can cover your needs.
roll with it

Thank You Sponsors!