iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Earnings

Started by Dorset, June 11, 2019, 02:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorset

Hi all.
Im looking at coming over to show/demonstrate/teach the English craft of Hedgelaying.
Im wondering if non of you mind saying whats a average wage for a forestry/countryside type worker.
Its something thats in the planning stage ,

but like we all know as we get older, "were only here once" and the chance to do something like this, gets less every day

cheers all from a very soggy SW England
Russell
Dorset Hedgelayer ? Hedge Laying,
Echo 501XS, Echo 390ESX, Echo 2511WES. Elwell3807#2, & Gilpin Yorkshire billhooks, L200, 1 Cocker Spaniel & 1 Cairn Terrier,

BaldBob

The answer to your question has no simple answer and can vary by as much as 300% depending on type of work and geographic part of the country.  

Which of the many styles of hedge laying do you demonstrate/teach?

Dorset

Hi there
I cut Dorset ,Devon, South of England, and a bit of Somerset.
Friend who might be with me cuts Midland, Staff's, Derby, Cheshire.

cheers 
Russell
Dorset Hedgelayer ? Hedge Laying,
Echo 501XS, Echo 390ESX, Echo 2511WES. Elwell3807#2, & Gilpin Yorkshire billhooks, L200, 1 Cocker Spaniel & 1 Cairn Terrier,

livemusic

Dorset, you could probably find some general forestry average income stats upon Google search.

I didn't know about hedge laying, watched a couple videos, interesting! Wow, labor intensive to get it established, would also be interested to see how they maintain it once built.

I'm also wondering if anyone ever plants certain species along a property line to later establish a hedge-layed hedge! No doubt, there are some gnarly, tough trees/shrubs that could make a good hedge!
~~~
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!