iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Peterson blades

Started by maple flats, April 20, 2005, 05:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

I'm thinking about getting a spare Peterson blade and was quoted $400 and $250 frt. This sounds excessive.  Anyone know of any other sources for high quality blades for better price?  It needs to fit a 8" Peterson, blade about 21" Why would frt run so high?
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Captain

Hey Maple,

That freight quote is from NZ for an individually shipped item.

I have some blades on the way over, anticipated delivery is about 4 weeks from now.

The price is (today, who knows what the US dollar will do tomorrow...) is $370.  To ship to you in New York will cost about 12-15 dollars UPS ground.   Let me know if you are interested....and yes these are the genuine Peterson Sawmills article.

Captain

maple flats

Hey Captain, I will consider that offer and let you know in about a month, when you expect to get them. I will probably take one at that time just to have a spare just in case. 8) 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Tom

I wonder if Menominee Saw can build one of those?

maple flats

I was wondering the same thing. Hey Peach, what do you think? And by the way, it looks like my rpm calculates at 1894 with engine at rated rpm. The blade is 21" diam, has 6 to 8 teeth, hardwood, softwood.  8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!