iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Magical Munksfor Blades

Started by Hammerhead, July 08, 2004, 10:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammerhead

First off thanks to Fla. Deadheader ! Tried a Munksfor blade he had recommended today and was I impressed .  :o That thing was like the energizer bunny. Sawed over 1000 bdft red oak and some pine and finally started waving in the pine.  Usually I have to change every 300 feet or so. Plus my feedrate went way up. Must be some kind of space age steel in them bad boys.  My question is does anyone know what cam I should use on a Woodmiser sharpener to get the same tooth profile? Hope they cut as well resharpened.
Trying to make a living and doing the best I can.

Kelvin

wow, thats a commentary!  Where do i go to get this blade?  Do they have free trials?

Bro. Noble

I would have to agree.

We get more lumber sawn with these blades in a given amount of time and it's manufactured better too.

I use the same WM cam that I got with the sharpener and it works fine.  I havn't had any trouble sharpening or setting.

I've already thanked Harold for bringing these to our attention but constantly appreciate his good deed.  Sawing is more enjoyable for me these days thanks to him and those Monkey blades.  The Red Streak blades are right up there too. 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

GF

I have used them and they work great, the motor does not even load down when cutting, when using other new blades I can hear the motor load down a little.  I like them alot also.

Gilman

I tried a goodle search for, "Munksfor Blades" and it came up empty. >:(  Anyone have a link to where to get these Munksfor Blades?

Thanks
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

MemphisLogger

21 Saw Shop has 'em for $16/ea.
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

slowzuki

Once upon a time Jeff I think told me where to buy em in Canada.  SMG sells em but it's over 30$ a blade in lots of 10.  Baker sells Lennox in Canada for good prices but no Monkey blades.

I tried searching but with no luck... :-[  Jeff was it Kenne-Saw & Supply in Michigan?

Gilman

Urban,
I can't find, "21 Saw Shop" on the net.  Do you have a link or phone number?
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Jeff

Sponsors, Menominee Saw and Kenne-Saw can fix you right up. You will find the links to the left.  Tell em the Forestry Forum sentcha eh?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

AtLast

I swear by them....I have NEVER had a blade not only last as long and cut as well...but take a beating and keep on workin so well. I got my first trial balde and have been buying them ever since. REALLY REALLY like them ALOT

Furby

Just opened a box of them on Tuesday.
Cut up a big chunk of pine and was REALLY impressed!!!
Of course it WAS the first NEW blade I've ever used, but impressed none the less!!!  :) 8)

Tom

Just click our sponsor's logo at the top left of the page.  These guys support us.  Give'em a try. :)

DansSawmill

where can you send munks blades to be resharpened ?
 i ussually sharpen a blade one time then send it in to get a proffessional regrind thru woodmizer...dont think they would like to sharpen others blades, so i havent got any of these monks.. however i am always looking for better blades, and if they are cheaper too......
dan
Dan's Sawmill
Custom Sawing since 94
CNC woodworking too
now with a 98' lt40 super

Jeff

I am pretty sure Menominee saw will. Call and ask for Ben Mroz. Let us know what you find out. Ben is a good ole boy that will help ya out if he can find a way. He knows saws I tell ya...

Hammerhead, Menominee would be a natural for ya. Heck, its prettinear right next door. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

I have been told that Colemans has a resharp service.  
milking and logging and sawing and milking

C_Miller

I don't know guys, I tried some of the munke blades and didn't have as good a luck as you all  they were about average for me.
I did like the shiny finish tho.

C
CJM

smwwoody

If Menominee doesnt have a re sharp program try www.cookssaw.com they do a great job with them.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Bourbonwood

The reson we can't find any info is the blade manufacturer is MunkforsSagar... not munksfor. Menominee saw (ad probably on left) carries them. Here's the web address http://www.kenne-saw.com/Content/ContentCT.asp?P=20
Steve
Bourbonwood Millworks, LLC
5555 Rockwell Road
Winchester, KY 40391
859-744-3228
www.bourbonwood.com

Tom

AH, yes!   Also known on the forum affectionately as "Monkey Blades".   Colloquialisms'll get you every time. :D :D

Welcome to the forum, Steve. :)

DR Buck

For sharpening, Kenne-Saw recommended D.W. Bands.  He is located in Liverpool PA.   I met "Dave" from D.W. Bands at the Kenne-Saw booth during the Richmond show.   Real nice guy.  He even has the MunkforsSagar logo on his business card.  That should be endorsement enough!

Super turn-around on resharpening.  Got my blades back in less than 7 days total time.  Haven't tried them yet, but they look good.

D.W. Bands
R.R. #2 Box 650-A
Liverpool PA 17045

Contact number is 570-539-8420
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Hammerhead

Just for comparison sake.  I got mine from Coleman sawmill supply in Indiana  812-845-4001. Very fast shipping.  They were $13.75 each in a  box of 10 plus UPS for my woodmiser. Good luck, Greg Toogood
Trying to make a living and doing the best I can.

steveo_1

I been using the munks blades and love em,after they get dull i can still cut pretty well with em, just gotta slow the feed down some but they can cut and cut. Welcome Steve,good to see another one from Ky and a Steve too ;D
                                                               Steve
got wood?

Thank You Sponsors!