iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best speed to enter a log?

Started by WLC, May 22, 2017, 02:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

grouch i have a 8 hp manual mill that i sawed over 1/2 million bd ft with before we got the b 20 :) i wish i was able to to work like that now :-\  i guess 15-20 yrs slows us all down a little though just glad i can still go at it :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Kbeitz

44 and you'r complaining? Wait until you get to 65...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

grouch

Quote from: Kbeitz on May 24, 2017, 03:37:35 PM

It ain't the years; it's the mileage. ;)

Find something to do that interests you.

Deese

This is a video of the first log that I cut on the LT40 about 2 weeks ago. I forgot to turn on the lube mizer and the blade was smoking  :-\

https://youtu.be/TI-S1fZVbDo

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

fishfighter

Your video is set to private, not working. :)

Deese

DANGIT. Hang On.

Try it now. Just created a youtube channel today.
Cooks AE4P Edger

sandsawmill14

Quote from: grouch on May 24, 2017, 04:31:23 PM

x2 :D
i worked to many 100+ hr weeks in my 20s before i knew that it was how many hours was what wore out joints and other body parts instead of years  ::) sorta like a '60s model truck with 30,000 mile on it compared to a 2000 model with 500,000 miles ;) which is normally in the best shape ??? :D :D :D

but i aint complaining to much i have some friends that aint weathered as good as i have :-\ and a few that aint with us anymore that were in my graduating class in high school :(   
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Kbeitz

But keeping going is what keeps most of us going. 
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

4x4American

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on May 24, 2017, 06:53:18 PM
Quote from: grouch on May 24, 2017, 04:31:23 PM

x2 :D
i worked to many 100+ hr weeks in my 20s before i knew that it was how many hours was what wore out joints and other body parts instead of years  ::) sorta like a '60s model truck with 30,000 mile on it compared to a 2000 model with 500,000 miles ;) which is normally in the best shape ??? :D :D :D

but i aint complaining to much i have some friends that aint weathered as good as i have :-\ and a few that aint with us anymore that were in my graduating class in high school :(

Good to know...I wish that I came from the factory with grease zerks on my joints.  Will have to drill and tap my own I reckon, preventative maintainence is unsportant
Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

This is how I saw. 16.5" wide white pine. With Turbo 7s I could go faster.

https://youtu.be/TlMTxUwF-YY
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Deese

Dave that's impressive. I want wireless. I had trouble viewing my clamp this afternoon sawing a customers cedar mantle and was trying not to damage the live edge surface (the bark). If I had wireless I could see the whole shebang.
Cooks AE4P Edger

4x4American

Quote from: Deese on May 24, 2017, 11:58:18 PM
Dave that's impressive. I want wireless. I had trouble viewing my clamp this afternoon sawing a customers cedar mantle and was trying not to damage the live edge surface (the bark). If I had wireless I could see the whole shebang.

The wireless only works on the head not for controling the hydraulics.  But don't worry the whiz kid we all know as Georgia Mountain Man aka Paul will probably figure it out in his sleep one night
Boy, back in my day..

Dave Shepard

What he said. Generally, i don't mind that i can't run the hydraulics from the remote. If i had help, then i would want to be able to run the hydralics and Accuset from inside a heated and air conditioned vehicle.  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!