iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whacked

Started by Magicman, January 27, 2011, 10:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, I searched a 2008 thread in the Forestry and Logging Board:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=32243.0

After reading all 4 pages, I just could not argue with the consensus of the posters.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

you'll like it, as an added bonus, I have found that people don't talk to me while I'm working if I'm wearing the hardhat and ear muffs  :-)

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

doctorb

Hey Magicman -

Check out your post from
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 06:04:05 pm »   
on the Electric Log Splitter Thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For someone that is always looking out for everyone else's safety, I don't seem to take very good care of myself.  I do always wear full safety gear when sawing on the mill."

Hope that stuff from Husqvarna arrives soon!  Please be well.  At this rate, Jeff may have to start a whole new category just to catalog your injuries. :D :D ;D ;D

Doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Magicman

:D :D   You nailed me doctorb.

I guess that I have been guilty of experiencing the need, before providing the need.  I starting wearing chainsaw chaps after a very scary incident when I was alone sawing and waaay back in the woods.  I still have those pants.  :-\

I'll wait for my new noggin protector before I fell any more trees.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Samuel

Glad to hear you ordered yourself some protection.  That makes safety "geeks" like me happy when we see people being safe, but sorry you had to graduate from the school of hard knocks first.  

Besides, you wouldn't want a fight with a limb impacting your ability to come up to Northern Alberta again to get one of those big white tails would you?   :D
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Burlkraft

I have a pair of Wild Ass jeans that have a nice 8" rip across the thigh   :o  :o

I was the luckiest Forestry Forum Member that day!

It got through 2 layers of of the pants and just put a scratch across the top pf my thigh.

It's always chaps for me now  ;D  ;D

And Dan is right Nobody trys to talk to you when you have a helmet and ear muffs on.

I wear a big old pair of moto-cross goggles too
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Magicman

I looked down and saw a shiny quarter lying on the ground.  I looked around to see who was playing tricks on me.  The chainsaw had cut through the double front on my pant leg and the outside of the pocket.   :-\

Burlkraft

Oooooooohhhhh  That was a close one.

Did ya find the joker that was dropping quarters?  :D :D

jim king

I know how to do things like that also.

Samuel

Bet you will remember your anniversary next year... ;D
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Jeff

Quote from: jim king on February 03, 2011, 11:39:04 AM
I know how to do things like that also.

Next time you tell that Monkey no more bananas, do it with a smile.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Quote from: Burlkraft on February 03, 2011, 10:24:52 AM
I have a pair of Wild Ass jeans ..................

Isn't that fitting.   ::) ::)

;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Quote from: beenthere on February 03, 2011, 12:56:09 PM
Quote from: Burlkraft on February 03, 2011, 10:24:52 AM
I have a pair of Wild Ass jeans ..................

Isn't that fitting.   ::) ::)

;D ;D

No they don't fit right they got a big DanG hole in the leg!

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on February 03, 2011, 10:32:07 AMThe chainsaw had cut through the double front on my pant leg and the outside of the pocket. 

Too close to the Johnson homestead.   ::)

ARKANSAWYER

Where's the Video when you need it.  We could have sent it to AFV and made some money.  I have never done anything as knothead as that.  :o
ARKANSAWYER

Burlkraft

Quote from: Magicman on February 03, 2011, 02:29:30 PM
Quote from: Magicman on February 03, 2011, 10:32:07 AMThe chainsaw had cut through the double front on my pant leg and the outside of the pocket. 

Too close to the Johnson homestead.   ::)

Was it just the little young Johnson that was home at the time?   :D ;D

Magicman

Quote from: Burlkraft on February 03, 2011, 02:55:53 PMWas it just the little young Johnson that was home at the time?   :D ;D

Nope, the little old Johnson was home.   :-\

Magicman

The mail lady came today with an Amazon box.  The Knothead protector came in.   :)  Makes me feel like I wanta go kill something, but those SYP trees are already dead.  I'll just fell them.

Jeff

The tough part is that they apparently feel the same way about you!

isawlogs

Probably a good thing you did not have this on, you would of had a big hole in the screen now  ::) ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

Maybe I can at least level the playing field a bit.  This thing came with a 51 page instruction manual, one of which I could read,and it was #46.  I was beginning to think the even the pictures were in another language.   :-\

clww

DanG! A 51 page manual to read? :o
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

pigman

If a manual doesn't have pictures I might as well throw it away. :-[
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ron Scott

A great purchase. ;)
~Ron

Jeff

Quote from: isawlogs on February 04, 2011, 07:19:03 PM

Probably a good thing you did not have this on, you would of had a big hole in the screen now  ::) ;D

Those screens will stop more than you might think.

Thank You Sponsors!