iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this dog retarded?

Started by WV Sawmiller, June 27, 2021, 08:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

He only likes war eagles and catfish. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

Sawguy,

Only for Sampson my catfish hound. As to the War Eagles Sampson is scared of them as an eagle swooped at him the first week I had him. If he hears one flying nearby he jumps up and starts barking.

Teddy was in the house all night with food in his dish. As soon as I opened the door and let Sampson in Teddy ran over and chased him off and ate it all then flipped his bowl upside down to show it was empty. He did not want it till Sampson showed some interest. My son came and got him this morning and peace and tranquility have been restored.

He is well loved back at home and my DIL and gd's wanted him back. He was not a bad house guest but I was happy to see him heading home.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

:D That is funny! He ain't stupid. The landlady's cat wanders in and scopes out the dog's dish, she completely ignores the thief.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

alan gage

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 12, 2021, 01:03:11 PM
 He was not a bad house guest but I was happy to see him heading home.
That can be applied to much more than dogs.
Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

HemlockKing

Quote from: alan gage on July 12, 2021, 04:08:17 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 12, 2021, 01:03:11 PM
He was not a bad house guest but I was happy to see him heading home.
That can be applied to much more than dogs.
Alan
One leaves the get together, once out the door, look over to the remaining guests;"boy some glad they're gone!" Everyone chuckles but repeat for every guest gone lol 
A1

WV Sawmiller

He's back and he's not getting any smarter! My son left him with us for the weekend while they handle a family emergency for his wife. Here he is after ripping the cover off the phone book and finding an empty Coke bottle that is light enough to toss around, rolls and crinkles and makes plenty of noise and seems to be his new favorite toy. Sampson is confused by all this calamity and just wants his peaceful life back. So do I. I think I am being punished for past sins.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

My dog gets anxious if I change the routine even a little. If I shower and shave in the middle of the day she gets restless, she knows I am going out without her.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

I love this thread.   :D :D
Say when

Southside

He is just helping you out.  Who keeps a phone book these days anyway?   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Sawguy,

Your dog is like Sampson my Rat Terrier. He does not adapt well to change. My wife says he is autistic. Moving a pair of shoes from one spot to another or rearranging a chair or such causes him great consternation and it takes him a while to adapt. You can just imagine what having Teddy here for the weekend does to him!

Roxie,

Does that mean you want to dog sit Teddy? We may be able to arrange something
 along those lines the next time they want to go on vacation for a week or so. :D He will teach you more patience than a goat and a mule combined.
Howard Green

thecfarm

I have a Westie that will try your patience.  ::)  She will destroy a the plastic 6 pack of flowers. The flowers she don't care about, the crinkle she does. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Dogs are truly a blessing. Think about it.  How simple would life be if you could bring home the empty, plastic, 6 pack holder, for flowers and your wife would run around the yard with it above her head just as happy as she could be?  My wife is wonderful and all, but she sure isn't the one jumping at the gate when I walk into the yard....
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Quote from: Southside on August 07, 2021, 11:04:15 PM
  but she sure isn't the one jumping at the gate when I walk into the yard....
How did you know that?  ;D  Every night when I come home she is about a foot off the ground!!!!
I have a field in front of my house,500 foot driveway and I can see her running to meet me each night as I come up the road.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

Southside thanks for leaving that image of your wife stuck in my brain. Hilarious 😂 
Say when

WV Sawmiller

This one is even teaching Sampson bad habits. Teddy climbs up and sleeps on the sofas and in the chairs and he likes to lay on the back of the sofa sprawled out like a cat with all four legs dangling and watch out the window to see the birds, squirrels and deer and such. Sampson always comes in and lays down on the rug and is well mannered. While I was web-surfing and FF reading last night Sampson had observed closely and suddenly just walked over and jumped up on the sofa and curled up and went back to sleep as if to say "If he can get by with it I can too." 

Teddy sees and hears everything and barks at most of them so when the ice maker on the fridge starts filling he barks at that or when a car goes up the road outside he has to bark at it and now Sampson does too. Those were normal sounds and Sampson never barked at them before. 
Howard Green

WDH

Quote from: Roxie on August 08, 2021, 05:26:21 AM
Southside thanks for leaving that image of your wife stuck in my brain. Hilarious 😂
That boy is funny, if you know what I mean......

alan gage

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on August 07, 2021, 04:05:33 PMYour dog is like Sampson my Rat Terrier. He does not adapt well to change. My wife says he is autistic. Moving a pair of shoes from one spot to another or rearranging a chair or such causes him great consternation and it takes him a while to adapt.

I'm starting to wonder if you're concerned about the wrong dog.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

WV Sawmiller

Alan

Now you're treading on thin ice! :D You can talk about other people's dogs but Sampson is my dog and I always stick up for him. My wife is the one who said she thought he was autistic but with several sessions of some serious family counseling I think our marriage may survive the encounter. Now she realizes her mistake and that Sampson was just being particularly observant and due to his intense nature he wanted her to know that something was different so she could fix it. Now she knows he was looking out for her best interest and if she will put the chair and shoes back where they belong everything will be okay again.

Sampson may bark at a catfish in the boat and even barks at a shaking limbline to let me know one is hooked there but he has never barked at or chased a fish in the aquarium. 
Howard Green

Southside

Quote from: thecfarm on August 08, 2021, 05:03:03 AM
Quote from: Southside on August 07, 2021, 11:04:15 PM
 but she sure isn't the one jumping at the gate when I walk into the yard....
How did you know that?  ;D  Every night when I come home she is about a foot off the ground!!!!
I have a field in front of my house,500 foot driveway and I can see her running to meet me each night as I come up the road.
Ray - if I can see my wife levitating off the ground and heading toward me while I am coming up the driveway - I would turn around and leave FAST.  Nothing good could come out of that scenario.   :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Yeaaah! My son got back early from Ohio and came and loaded the beast up and took it home. I was out at the mill and saw them pass but Becky said it was a joy to watch him when our GD walked in. They obviously love each other but Sampson, me and my wife are happy to have some peace and quiet and I am glad to have my bed back without have another fight over who gets my pillow.
Howard Green

HemlockKing

To be continued... he'll be back !  :D
A1

WV Sawmiller

HK,

You just had to rain on my picnic! :( :D :D
Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

He's back. ::) Woe is me!

Poor Sampson is eyeballing his nemesis. He has not figured him out.

We're babysitting Teddy for the weekend while my son and family help open up Dollywood. He only has one speed -wide open.

I went to pick up one of the gd's last week and when we opened the door I told her "You forgot to turn the TV off this morning." She replied "Oh no, we leave it on for Teddy to watch." Apparently he likes to watch Forged in Fire because it was on the history channel. ::)
Howard Green

Machinebuilder

This would not be a pleasant day to be at Dollywood.

We had a southern blizzard (the grass was covered this AM) last night and the wind is 15-25mph all day.

It kept me from cutting down the next tree for my mill.

Gabby and Sox have been bugging me most of the day to go out with them.
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Thank You Sponsors!