iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

members 80 yrs or older

Started by Hotrod RLC, February 22, 2022, 03:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAB

Quote from: btulloh on February 22, 2022, 06:17:45 PM
Quote from: Old Greenhorn on February 22, 2022, 05:13:10 PM
Yup, just found it when your post came up btulloh. I don't create many new topics and was not too familiar with those buttons. SO we would have to make a new topic to create the poll and that would be 2 topics on the same subject, which is not 'desirable'.
The link I provided above does give pretty much the same information from 2008. Maybe it would be interesting to see if the result has changed? I'm asking.
Well people would lie anyway. But what do I know?  I'm only 39.
For the how manyieth time?
I once gave an aunt on her 80th, a birthday card that I wrote "congratulations on being 39 for the 42nd time".
She thought it was funny.  Made her day.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on February 22, 2022, 04:54:49 PM
Turns out I wasn't wrong. AT least there used to be a way to do polls. But I found the one in discussion here form a few years back:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=29260.0

It's a poll designed to find the most common age group. I won't give you a spoiler alert. Go look. :) ;D
Like I figured. Very few under 40.   Average age of a Pa logger now is in the mid 50ies. 
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Stephen1

Clint Eastwood was asked how does he keep going, he is in his late 80's. His Repy When I gt up in the morning I just don't let the old man in. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Stephen1 on February 23, 2022, 08:09:29 PM
Clint Eastwood was asked how does he keep going, he is in his late 80's. His Repy When I gt up in the morning I just don't let the old man in.
I like that. Some days I forget to do it. I gotta work on that attitude.
 Edit to add: Some days when I get up, the old man is already up and staring at me. Not much I can do then. But I'm not 80 yet, so I got time.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Dakota

I'm not 80 yet, but the check light is starting to blink every once and a while.
Dave Rinker

thecfarm

Quote from: cutterboy on February 22, 2022, 09:07:09 PM
When I was in my 50's I said "I think I can cut wood and saw lumber till I'm 60".
When I was in my 60's I said "I think I can do this till I'm 70".
Now in my 70's I'm saying "I think I can do this till I'm 80".
When I'm 80 what will I be saying?
That's easy!
When I'm 80, I think I can do this until I am 90.  
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: cutterboy on February 22, 2022, 09:07:09 PM
When I was in my 50's I said "I think I can cut wood and saw lumber till I'm 60".
When I was in my 60's I said "I think I can do this till I'm 70".
Now in my 70's I'm saying "I think I can do this till I'm 80".
When I'm 80 what will I be saying?
Judging by the way you have been getting along my guess would be:
"Well, that was easy! What's next?"
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WV Sawmiller

I remember reading an interview with a 100 y/o man where the interviewer asked the man's secret to reaching 100. The old man said "Live to be 99 then be really, really careful."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Hotrod RLC

just a little short of 84 my only problem is my want tos are greayer then my can cos  otherwise i know the long black trane is coming and i am waiting at a whisle stop // glade when weather clears up got gatden to plow for wife and fitreood to cut and 40 acres hay to harvest  hope trane dont blow whisle in meantime  message to all keep safe ..be happy  8) :laugh:

WV Sawmiller

We had an old neighbor here we lost last year at 1 month short of 102 y/o. He was active up until 99-1/2 when he had blood clots that sent him to a nursing home till he died. Up till that time he was still driving and working. At 98-99 he was baling hay and got too hot and got to feeling bad so he called a number on a card he'd gotten from the VA. He said "That woman sure did talk a lot. She talked until the ambulance got here." The ambulance crew checked him out and said he had just gotten too hot and to stay inside and keep cool for a few days. Of course the next day he was out baling hay again.

His grand daughter, our mail carrier, got hold of the card the VA had given him to call. It was the suicide prevention number. (No wonder the woman did not hang up on him. :D)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Hotrod RLC

lady lives alone up the road from me mid 90s came home late at nite couple years ago she was down on a hillside repairing fence using spot lite one of her cows had got out  true story  ::)

kantuckid

Quote from: Texas Ranger on February 23, 2022, 10:18:02 AM
I keep forgetting my age, and end up hurting the next day. 8)
Yea boy! and the next day, and the next and so on... I just spent several months rehabbing my "good shoulder" from a few hours fighting some2x6  lumber. Last fall to now to have some relief.
 Every day's a blessing! 
Some perspective here on age: My HS class of 61 was 708 Kansas kids. As we speak we've lost a little over 20% of our group. We were all WWII war/babies, the largest bunch in history of the USA and we came from all economic levels into one school, black, white and Mexican-American & very few Asians.
You 80's guys keep it going on!!! 8)
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!