iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunflowers for Ukraine

Started by red, March 13, 2022, 01:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

Sunflower is the National Flower of Ukraine.  There are many news stories titled Sunflowers for Ukraine .  Also a story of a Ukrainian women offering sunflower seeds to a Russian soldier for when he is killed on Ukrainian soil the seeds will grow sunflowers 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

doc henderson

our state flower as well.  I am sad we cannot do more to help.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

rusticretreater

My wife grows a lot of sunflowers each year.  I will tell her she is growing them for Ukraine.  Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUOPvtVZwo8
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

kantuckid

My wife "used to grow them"! Grudgingly, she has quit as she's allergic to the pollen and sneezes constantly handling them for cut flowers. 
Oh, home on the range... :D 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Machinebuilder

so when I plant them this year for the tweety birds I can say

I'm growing them for Ukraine.

I have been buying a bag of black oil sunflower seed bird food and planting them.
The chickadees love them. I like sitting and watching them. this year I am going to try planting strips about 2 weeks apart.
Maybe I can get them to last longer.
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Thank You Sponsors!