iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky Version of MS250

Started by Ironheadchop, March 25, 2024, 01:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironheadchop

Hello All,

I am looking to replace an MS250. I have had this saw for some time now and it has been a great go to saw for general tree cleanup and firewood saw around the farm. The last couple seasons it has given me nothing but problems.  Replace the fuel filter and clean carb and go through it all countless times and it runs great for a month or so. Then next time I get it out I pull the crap out of it and when it finally does start it just don't run. It will barely idle and when you pull the throttle it just dies. I have had it and the dealer numerous times and its still like this.  I give up and I'm tired of messing with it.  I been using my trusty backup 310 and its just too heavy for a cleanup saw.

What would be the husky equivalent to the MS250? Or a better Stihl model that is just as lite as the 250?

beenthere

I replaced my very reliable MS250 with a MS 261 and have been very happy with it. Never a problem with the MS250, just wanted in on the newer saw at the time. Thanks to FF members who were liking the 261 (with computer). 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Fishnuts2

I'd recommend a Husqvarna 445.  Having had one, plus a couple versions of your current saw, I think you'd be well satisfied with the Husky. 

Magicman

I replaced my MS170 with an MS261.  There was nothing wrong with the 170 but I was asking it to do things that a 30cc saw could not do.  The MS261 is a go getter.  :thumbsup:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!