iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pine tree close to cabin

Started by sbishop, May 27, 2009, 09:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbishop

Since i saw DanG post a pick about a huge tree, i thought i would show you mind.

It's a pine, wish i knew how old it is...but it's huge!

Any guess on it's age?

Sbishop

Coon

That is a cool pine tree.  What is your estimate of dbh?

I know we have some huge spruce way out  in the back of the swamp out at the farm.  I estimate some of them to be 5-6' dbh.  It is a tough hike to get there this time of year but I will do it and get some pcs the next time  I go out there. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

DanG

Now, dat's a bigass pine tree!! 8) 8)  Thanks for posting those pics! :) :) :)

Anybody else got a biggun to post? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

StorminN

Quote from: DanG on May 28, 2009, 01:06:58 AMAnybody else got a biggun to post? ;D

Not a very good pic, but a tree I came across this year, down in the jungles in Mexico... mahogany?

-Norm.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

DanG

That ain't a bad picture at all, Norm.  I'm wondering if you were wondering what sort of grain that root buttress in the right half of the picture had in it. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

baronthered

Well if I can figure the picture thing out here I'll add one of a sycamore at my grandmaws old place.

It's big In the pic I'm a good 50-70 feet higher than the base of it. I've never measured it but it's 6-7 feet across at chest height at least (more or less)

Anybody have any geusstimates for size ? I picked up alot of limbs from it over the years. luckily none have been very big and didn't damage the house.
Life's short make fun of it!

StorminN

Quote from: DanG on May 28, 2009, 03:01:43 AM
That ain't a bad picture at all, Norm.  I'm wondering if you were wondering what sort of grain that root buttress in the right half of the picture had in it. ;D :D

DanG, now that you mention it, I do wonder... but at the time, I wasn't wondering much... except where the nearest cold adult beverage was, and how long it was going to take me to hike there... us nawthun folks aren't used to that kind of heat and humidity!!

-N.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Thank You Sponsors!