iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky saws

Started by shawn55, January 27, 2014, 09:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawn55

I run a 570xp saw and I know it could be bigger but that's just what I started with. Been looking at a 372xp  looks like a good saw. What does everybody run and how do they like it.

Autocar

I run 395XP's with a 32 inch bar and 3/8 full chisel chain. Keep them sharp and there cut as good as any saw. Sence the E.P.A. has stuck there fingers in the pot the last few I bought didn't hold up very well just bought another before the first of the year but haven't ran it much. I was considering going back to the other brand but talked with another producer that had two 066's with extra bars ,chain and parts for two thousand said he had alot of problems also so I bought another 395 I can tear them apart in my sleep and put them back togather just very upsetting when you want to make production and the saw gives you problems.
Bill

bandmiller2

Those EPA yuppies should be forced to work a year in the woods cutting before they make unsound decisions. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

John Mc

What is it that's going wrong with the newer saws?  From this and other threads, I gather that you guys are not being caught by the fact that they are often set too lean from the factory. So I assume it's more than just a mixture problem (I'm assuming these are not auto-tune saws you are talking about).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

AdkStihl

Quote from: John Mc on January 28, 2014, 08:19:23 AM
What is it that's going wrong with the newer saws?

50:1 is whats going wrong
J.Miller Photography

NCFarmboy

Quote from: AdkStihl on January 28, 2014, 08:23:09 AM
Quote from: John Mc on January 28, 2014, 08:19:23 AM
What is it that's going wrong with the newer saws?

50:1 is whats going wrong
AMEN!!!!!  Go to 32:1 synthetic non E premium gas and watch a lot of your troubles disappear.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

FWPT

I run a 372xp xt with a 24" bar and it cuts pretty fast. A muff mod really woke it up! Have run about 20 tanks of 32:1 synth oil and no problems yet. It holds much higher rpms in the cut after the mm. I heard the 570 is pretty stout after some porting or even just a mm.
Husky 42 special ported(screamer)
husky 372xp xt muff modded

nk14zp

Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

HolmenTree

I rely on 40:1 on my latest XP AutoTunes going right back to the 621 Jonsereds I made a living with in the mid '70s.
But having said that I'm in a colder climate where extra oil is not always needed. Yes hotter climate 32:1, but from what I see across the weather map we're all in a little deep freeze at the moment :D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

ehp

the biggest problem is ethanol in the gas and just because the pump says no ethanol you still better check it cause I have found ethanol in gas that is not to have any and the biggest problem is the amount of ethanol in the gas , we did a test around where I live and found as high as 28% ethanol in the high test pump gas which was to be 5%, Ethanol does not mix very good with most 2 stroke oil so the ethanol breaks the oil base down so you end up running the motor alot dryier than what you think you are and at 15% lots of 2 stroke oil does not mix with ethanol so that is pretty bad for the 2 stroke engine , the ethanol burns alot dryier than gas so hard on crank bearings so abit more oil in the mix sure cannot hurt and puts a safety guard in there , Most of my guys run 32-1 and no trouble

John Mc

One of the problems with ethanol gas at least in some parts of the country was that it was "splash mixed" - that is, they filled the tanker with the non-ethanol blend stock, and added the appropriate amount of ethanol to the tanker.  The idea was that splashing it in, and then driving down the road, would mix it up well enough.  This turned out not to be the case in some instances, resulting in the weird mixes Ed refers to.

I'm not sure if it is still blended that way, or if it's been mandated that they use some better means of assuring a uniform mix.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

chet

Our local hauler still does it that way.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SawTroll

Quote from: shawn55 on January 27, 2014, 09:58:37 AM
I run a 570xp saw and I know it could be bigger but that's just what I started with. Been looking at a 372xp  looks like a good saw. What does everybody run and how do they like it.

The 570 never was an xp saw.
Information collector.

ehp

if ethanol gets any worse we will have to start running oil like Klotz which I got gallons of but just didnot want to waste it

shawn55

Sorry 570
Anyways just seeing if the 372xp is better than the 570 or what. I've never run a 372xp. I've run the 395xp that's all

ehp

yes the 372 will have more power , the 570 was to replace the older 365 , the 570 never sold very well up here nor did the 575 or 576

Spike60

The 570 never sold well anywhere. They even tried to give that saw to Red Max as their "big" saw.

Red Max BTW, is dropping out of the saw category now that all Red Max distributors also have Jonsered.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

husky fan 500

i couldnt tell u much about the 570. im on my 2nd 372 only because my first one got crushed by an excavator, i loved that saw. the new one is an x tork model, at the beginning it didnt seem like it had any balls. ive been doing some lite mods to it and its starting to come alive.  at any rate u cant go wrong with a 371 or 2 with some small mods

shawn55

what kind of mods are you doing. Where can I look to find out what a person can do to for mods?   

JakeG

Personally, I had my 372 modified by a man who does that for a living. I don't have time to modify and/or possibly make a mistake on a $700-$1000 tool :)
$5.00 fine for whinin'

tlandrum

do you have that saw in you possession yet jake?
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

JakeG

Speak of the devil... Haven't even had a chance to thank him. That's on my list for tomorrow. :)

Yes sir I got it a few hours ago... Talk about excited!

$5.00 fine for whinin'

tlandrum

man that sure is purty. I bet you got a great deal on it too. 8)
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

JakeG

Quote from: tlandrum on January 30, 2014, 10:13:45 AM
man that sure is purty. I bet you got a great deal on it too. 8)

Even you would have a hard time believing how good of a deal I got. I'm taking this one to the grave!
$5.00 fine for whinin'

shawn55

what did you have done to it?

Thank You Sponsors!