iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A solution to an old problem

Started by r.man, April 20, 2015, 10:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

Well not a serious problem but disagreements in relationships can snowball into real trouble so here is my advice. The age old complaint of " he leaves the toilet seat up " is an easy one to deal with.

For sanitary reasons the lid should always be down on a toilet, unless in use. This helps control any odour and lessens airborne bacteria that is created when the toilet flushes. Doesn't matter what type of toilet, low flush, compost, chemical or other this is always true.

Everyone who walks up to any type of toilet should have to raise either the lid or the lid/seat and should always replace what they lifted before the toilet is flushed or left. Maybe then the complaint will be " she always leaves the lid up".
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

beenthere

My take on the toilet seat being up, is that "she" only has to forget it one time and based on that experience, thereafter "she" will remember to put it down first.  ;D  Unless she is a slow learner. ;)

As long as the "flush" works, then see no reason the lids need to be down. Non-flush toilets are an exception to that, IMO.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

How will the dogs drink if is the lid is down ??? ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Cedarman

I always heard that leaving the seat up was the problem.  I have always thought that if I can raise it , they can lower it.
If toilets need lids, why are toilets in commercial establishments lidless?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

WV Sawmiller

You can always remind her it is just as easy for her to lower the ring as it is for you to lift it when you use it but to keep harmony in the household I don't recommend it. My wife nixed my offer to install a urinal too.

Actually I like and generally follow the lower the lid proposal. My son had a pet chipmunk drown in one several years ago and what English she knew, Kati, our Finnish exchange student at the time, promptly forgot that morning when she went into the bathroom.

I once saw a photo of a toilet ring thoroughly taped down with duct tape and a caption "What real women use duct tape for."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I am in the seat lowered corner.  I reach and raise it, when I flush my left hand is almost touching the seat so it is of no consequence to lower it back down.  Any small (or large) thing that I can do for her is very much worthwhile.  "She" stays happy, which is a good thing.

When I choose a battle, it will be over something much more meaningful than a toilet seat.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

Speaking of toilet seats, ever set down on one that is cracked.  OUCH!!!!!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

jueston

one of the wife's cats fell in the toilet while trying to get a drink a few years ago, ever since then we close the lid after every use. it has become such a habit i tend to do it at other peoples houses after using their bathroom. i don't even think about it anymore...

honestly, I've never understood how this is such a debate, it seems like such a small thing...

on one of those doctor shows, like 'dr. oz' or 'the doctors' they said that when you flush the toilet there is a lot of bacteria being spread around the room, and they recommended closing the lid before flushing.

they also said that you would be surprised by the amount of bacteria that goes from the flushing toilet to the exposed toothbrushes and recommended a covered toothbrush holder....

i think if you listened to everything they say on those dr. tv shows you would never be able to do anything...

GAB

I once saw a drawing of a toilet seat.
What got my attention was in the upper right hand corner it said:
Revision "A" Added hole in the center.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Holmes

I put the seat and lid down every time.  Now it is a habit, and it looks nicer.
Think like a farmer.

WH_Conley

When presented with that argument I pointed out that she should be glad I raised it ti start with. That's when the fight started.
Bill

beenthere

Quote from: WH_Conley on April 20, 2015, 04:32:45 PM
When presented with that argument I pointed out that she should be glad I raised it ti start with. That's when the fight started.

:D :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on April 20, 2015, 11:14:44 AM
My take on the toilet seat being up, is that "she" only has to forget it one time and based on that experience, thereafter "she" will remember to put it down first.  ;D  Unless she is a slow learner. ;)

Talk about telling it like it is...... :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

gimpy

I was single and looking for someone worthwhile for 25 years. If all it takes to keep my wife happy is putting the seat down, .   .   . seems like a minor thing to remember.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

WDH

With a wife and three daughters, there was no way that I was going to leave the seat up.  Life is too short (old saying). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jim_Rogers

I remember I left the seat up once. And my wife went in there in the dark and didn't check to see if the seat was up or down.
I never left the seat up again....... :D ;D ::) :'(

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Den Socling

We found a solution. We have three bathrooms and two of them are mine.  :D One is hers and I never use it!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on April 20, 2015, 09:33:03 PM
With a wife and three daughters, there was no way that I was going to leave the seat up.  Life is too short (old saying).

Sometimes you're just out numbered in life.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

justallan1

Quote from: Magicman on April 20, 2015, 01:50:37 PM
When I choose a battle, it will be over something much more meaningful than a toilet seat.   ::)

That's kinda my thinking too.

sandhills

Raider Bill

I've got 4 bathrooms.

1 is for the employees [all girls] and I never go in there.

#2 is in the only bedroom in the house. It was a small closet but I put a head in when I bought and remodeled 19 years ago. It has a split seat like a commercial crapper, I leave it down. Unless I've really been really drinking I can usually hit the target without collateral or friendly fire on the seat.

#3 is in the main house. If I use it I leave it up. Take your chances.

#4 is in the sports room. This head gets the most use because that's where the majority of pee inducing consumables are partaken. Again you take your chances.

I'm in Bill Conley's camp. Your lucky I put it up to begin with so  Look before you leap.  ;)

Now on a brighter side, I can't not laugh when someone falls in and the better looking they are the funnier it is. :D :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Corley5

Myself, two sons and wife.  She tried the whole put the seat down thing and has long since given up.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

RPF2509

When I'm inside I sit down just like her - that way I don't have to clean it.  If I don't want to sit down I just step outside and let fly, no water wasted that way either

Thank You Sponsors!