iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

this kid is impressive

Started by snowstorm, January 17, 2020, 05:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

this kid is 15 and he is plowing town roads in palermo me. the state gave him a special work license that lets him plow and drive to school. i cant say much for dads choice of trucks. a 5500 dodge . the story and video is at wabitv5 

dgdrls

Quote from: snowstorm on January 17, 2020, 05:44:12 PM
this kid is 15 and he is plowing town roads in palermo me. the state gave him a special work license that lets him plow and drive to school. i cant say much for dads choice of trucks. a 5500 dodge . the story and video is at wabitv5
Nice story @snowstorm 
Maine's youngest plow driver takes on any storm that comes his way
D

snowstorm

surprised at the lack of comments. the story said he signed the contract with the town. seems kind of odd maybe dad will back him up. i assume its dads truck. 5500 dodge all geared up is about 100k new. 15 miles if plowing and sanding would pay at least 4000 a mile 

hacknchop

I think that's great,enjoyed the video thank you for sharing it. Never see anything like that here in Canada I got raked over the coals for having my then teenage daughters help me in the millyard. 
Often wrong never indoubt

thecfarm

Sounds like quite the young man, At least he knows what work is and how to do it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Good for him. Would never fly UP here as the roads are all plowed by state or county government employees with trucks requiring a CDL so would need to be 18 at a minimum. Our county has a few 18 year old guys as seasonal plow drivers.

snowstorm

i plow some state roads along with town rds. the state pays the town to do it. and some state roads are contracted out. along with a lot of towns. i have a hard time findings drivers. last i heard the state would pay $ 18 per hr to start and help you get a cdl more money after you get it. they bought several f550 fords with plows and wings to get around needing a cdl

Bruno of NH

I'm glad to see a young guy getting it done.
I started plowing on my own at 18.
Learned on my own.
Tought me how to respect equipment .
I only plow my own mill yard now because of my knee problems. 
I miss the work.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

GRANITEstateMP

That was a great story snowstorm. Seems like a level headed kid, who isn't afraid to work.  I'm guessing Mom and Dad are pretty proud!

I'm reading up the CDL manual for NH right now.  Leaving the dealership to work with my towns Highway Dept.  I got plenty of hours running truck, they just all have AG or Farm plates on them so you don't need a CDL, even with the air brakes.  I hate taking tests, but kinda gotta do it!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Thank You Sponsors!