iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Total lunar eclipse tonight

Started by ohsoloco, February 20, 2008, 08:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsoloco

It was nice and clear, but now I see some high clouds moving in.  I hope it stays clear for a few hours.  The eclipse is supposed to be at its peak around 10:26 tonight. 

I think I see some shadow creeping across the moon now  :)

SwampDonkey

I'm watching to. Still in the clear here. Not a cloud either. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

farmerdoug

Clear here too.  I will get to see it for a change.  I guess bitter cold can be useful. ::) :D
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

We're watching the lights go out too.   Hmm  sounds like that'd make a good song title.

ohsoloco

Not enough high clouds to ruin the viewing so far  :) 

Interesting tidbit I heard on the radio today.  I don't think it was his first trip over here, but at some point Christopher Columbus' ship crashed on the shore of Jamaica.  After running out of food he tried getting help from the natives, but they wouldn't cooperate.  He saw in his almanac that there was going to be an eclipse in three days.  He communicated to the natives that the gods were angry with them for not helping, and if they didn't cooperate, the gods would turn the moon blood red in three days.  It worked....pretty sneaky  :D 

Enjoy the show  :)

SwampDonkey

View at 10:15 PM Atlantic Time.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

semologger

watching also never watched one b4

SwampDonkey

isawlogs

Great pics Swamp ... you seing any of the red around the moon yet . ???  it is nice here too .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Mooseherder

Perfect night for an eclipse here. ;)

SwampDonkey

View at 10:40 PM Atlantic Time.

I won't post any more, I can't pick up the orange of the moon with my camera. Ian's camera can, don't know if he can see it this time out.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

thecfarm

Almost at the total now.The wife is watching it now.A nice clear night here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don_Papenburg

We have a full mooner eclipse now  Just a few branches in the way.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

isawlogs

Swamp , keep er coming , you are doing a great job for documenting .... 8) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

isawlogs

Nice and clear here also but that also means that its cold out .  :-\  I need to run outside cause the trees are in the way of seeing the moon .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Camera can't pick it up. I can see the orange but the camera hasn't got the zoom to pick it up.

SwampDonkey

Ok, I cheated.  :D :D :D Here's one off Ian's camera from August 2007's lunar eclipse. At that time I could only see it as the sun was rising and the moon was on the horizon setting. ;D

WH_Conley

I heard the same story about Colombus, pretty neat, if yer hungry.

At 51 yrs, between weather and other interests ( don't want to get into that) 1st one I have ever seen.
Bill

Furby

Here's a gallery of viewer submitted pics on the loacal news station's website.
Link

Thank You Sponsors!