iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any FL sawyers out there?

Started by Piston, April 14, 2012, 10:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

I have a friend that lives in Orlando (or right outside Orlando I guess) and he wants to have some logs milled. 

I told him I'd do it for him if he'd pay my mileage, but he wasn't interested in me taking the 1,500 mile one way journey.  :D

I don't know if it's one log or 5 logs, but I can tell you this isn't a big job, however, if anyone is near the Orlando area let me know and I will give him your info. 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

cypresskayaksllc

about 200 miles north. A little too far for 5 logs.
LT40HDDR, JD950FEL, Weimaraner

crosscut

im in stcloud about 15 miles from orlando  :) can he haul them ?

steamsawyer

I'm in Vero Beach, the central east coast. A little over a hundred miles away. But I'm not portable. :-\
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Nomad

I'm about 140 miles, and I'm portable.  But I think that's too far to be realistic for a job that small.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Piston

Quote from: crosscut on April 15, 2012, 01:11:56 AM
im in stcloud about 15 miles from orlando  :) can he haul them ?

That should work  ;D
He would be able to haul them, I'll PM you. 
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!