iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Cradle

Started by Magicman, February 21, 2014, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Nice cradle. Seems well built to, as ten kids can testify to that. ;D  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

davidlarson

Very fine work!  I have learned, as apparently you have, that there is great satisfaction in building things for grandkids.  I have built bookshelves and a train table for my grandsons.
David L.

Jemclimber

Very nice!! Thanks for posting the pics.
lt15

hackberry jake

You guys wouldn't hppen to have email-able plans to these cradles would you?
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Mooseherder

Magicman

No plans here.  Matter of fact, I do not remember there ever being any.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Can't find any either. Seems like it was out of a woodworking mag, but don't have it any more
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

hackberry jake

I guess I will just wing it then. Thanks fellas

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

SawyerBrown

Wait wait wait!  I found it!  (Obviously I need a better filing system!)  Hackberry, it probably won't copy very well electronically, if you'll PM me an address I'll just mail it to you.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

WDH

Jake,

Don't put your cradle in a tree.

Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SawyerBrown

Quote from: WDH on November 08, 2014, 07:47:26 AM
Jake,

That's what this forum is all about -- great advice from knowledgeable experts  ...   ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on November 08, 2014, 07:47:26 AM
Jake,

Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

I was trying to tell him........These modern babies eschew tree tops.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Herb Brooks

Jake, Do you have a "need " for a cradle?

hackberry jake

Quote from: Herb Brooks on November 09, 2014, 09:46:11 PM
I should have one around June.  ;D

Lud

Then  you might get a cradle done by then..........after all , you've already done the hard work! :o :o ;D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Herb Brooks

Quote from: hackberry jake on November 10, 2014, 09:26:56 AM
Quote from: Herb Brooks on November 09, 2014, 09:46:11 PM
I should have one around June.  ;D

Mighty fine.  Congratulations. 

WDH

SawyerBrown

Congrats!!  Better get cutting if you're going to get that cradle done by June. I was finishing mine after Megan was already born and ready to come home.  (Boy that's a whole 'nuther thread there, bringing your first child home ... ).  I always say, "Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the next day!"

mesquite buckeye

We used a Tyson chicken box.  ;D  Just in case it isn't done in time.  Improvise, Overcome,  Adapt. 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!