iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I have finished installing the jack on my Norwood mx 34

Started by alsayyed, August 01, 2010, 10:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

I have purchased my Norwood mx 34 saw mill without the any jack or trailer option. So I have decided to build my own. I got these 6 strong jacks and made few welding job and turned to be very nice and I have removed the bricks. Total cost of the jack and the plates are $ 290 Know I have built the axle and installed the hubs the only things I have to purchase the tires, which I am looking at scraped car or the salvage area. The only thing that surprised with this mill is the blade I milled all this wood you see in the photos without changing the blade and still sharp I do not know after how many slabs I have to change.

paul case

looks good . nice lumber. those blades do pretty well if you are careful to keep your logs clean from rocks ,sand , and dirt. i am even suprised athow long some will stay sharp. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Bill Gaiche

Well done. You will be glad you did the upgrade. Less bending over and leveling made easier plus portable. bg

LeeB

Looks like you got your blade tension problems straightened out. Glad to see the mill is operating better for you.
Is the wood cedar or mesquite?
I'll be back in Doha in a few days, but won't have time for a visit till I get ready to leave again in september. I'll give you a call when I have time to see you.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

alsayyed, do you have a project planned for the lumber?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

customdave

Looks proffesionally done the install on the jacks, congrats on your new mill, play safe...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Magicman

I like the fact that each jack/stabilizer is fully adjustable.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scrout

Nice.
Congrats to our sawdust breathing brother in Qatar.
Yesterday I messed around with my homemade manual.
Cut one small fir log, got 8 - 12 foot 2x6's.
Used my mini 10 inch Ryobi planer, then a hand Ryobi planer to take off the edges since I am making decking.
Probably could have bought these for 3.50 each, but then I couldn't say I felled the trees, limbed, bucked, hauled, sawed, planed, built the underpinnings and finished everything myself.  Priceless.

alsayyed

Quote from: Jeff on August 02, 2010, 07:48:06 AM
alsayyed, do you have a project planned for the lumber?

yes Jeff thank you for asking. I need to dress these shelvies i have made. then i to built school startionary items. then i need to build kitchen cabinet and wanted to vanity for a small bathroom i have. so i need to collect wood and keep them in the klin for later use. the temp know 110F this need two month to dry.

Thank You Sponsors!