iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pettibone skidders

Started by logman81, December 02, 2011, 07:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

That is for sure barbender it has been a long time coming and I will do my best to try and get some vids and pics for you all to see. :) I will be putting it on it's first job next week! 8)
Precision Firewood & Logging

lumberjack48

logman81 what type of slides are you using on your mainline ? [Switch Hooks]
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

barbender

I'm definately looking forward to that! I just fired mine up and moved it, strung out the cable and winched it in just to give everything a spin, it's been sitting for about 6 months :(
Too many irons in the fire

logman81

lumberjack48 I'm using standard key hole slides and choker chains. barbender get on that old girl and pull a little wood keep her running good! :)

lumberjack48

All good stuff but sure makes for slow hooking. For easy hooking you want cable chockers and Switcher slides on the mainline.

I know all in good time you'll be switched over, you'll get tired of trying to push chain under a tree. The key hole slides are about 50% harder to pull then the Switcher hooks.

Heres a pic of one, its the only one i'd use, you don't lose chockers and a easy sliding bell.

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Tramp Bushler

Ya . I can't figure out the guys using chains . Those are the best sliders . But in a pinch chocker bells work good  . Some sliders don't have enough vearing surface on the skidding line and kink it if you have to chock at a right angle to another log .
If your not wearing your hard hat when you need it. Well.

logman81

I kind of used to the key hole sliders because of my tractor winch. I will admit at some times the chains can be a little hard to get under the logs but I've gotten used to it. I have never used cable cokers before but will see how things work out for now. I really don't need to be real productive it is still slow going and don't have any real big jobs where real high production is a must. But sounds good to me. ;D

lumberjack48

It don't have to be high production for me, i just liked things easy.

Once you use a chocker, your going to say why haven't i been using them all along.

logman81

I understand lumberjack48, I'll be puting it on it's first job Monday pulling tree length firewood and some pitch pine. I'll see how things go and make my decision after working it a bit. ;D Now it is time to start making the money back from what I put into it. Still have to finish paying for it. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!