iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

God but I have alot of tools...

Started by zopi, November 27, 2008, 02:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

I finally got the last of the wall sheathing in my little smokehouse (woodshop..it started as a smoke house so that's what we'll call it..)

anyway...I have never had a dedicated building just for woodwork, and I have been out hanging galoot tools on the walls,
just so I can see them all...I'm  gonna run out of shop...but it is pure pleasure to reach out from where I stand and pull a tool off the wall and do what I need to without cussing and digging in the closet I have been living out of then yelling at the kidz for getting into my tools yet again and not returning them...heaven!

Thing that is killing me is that I cannot get my big machines into this little shop...I guess I will have to start planning a bigger building. :D

Economy be DanGed...Rich is having family around you and the skills and tools to do the things you love.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

bedway

A man never has enough clamps, and i never met a piece of wood i didnt like ;D

submarinesailor

Why don't we see some pictures?????

Don't see no pictures anywheressssss????

Are you getting the hint yet.

Ok one more time - DON'T SEE NO PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bruce

underdog

I am always facinated by how many tools it actually takes to get anything done.
No matter how small a project looks at the planning stage the pile of tools that end up at the job is amazing.
Oh and if you have others pilfering your tools.
Try to the old method of outlining your treasures on the wall.
Then when you look up you can note at a glance an empty outline and a fair idea of what it was.

beenthere

Quote from: underdog on November 28, 2008, 10:30:41 AM
I am always facinated by how many tools it actually takes to get anything done.
No matter how small a project looks at the planning stage the pile of tools that end up at the job is amazing.
Oh and if you have others pilfering your tools.
Try to the old method of outlining your treasures on the wall.
Then when you look up you can note at a glance an empty outline and a fair idea of what it was.

Always kinda wondered why my Dad did that...painting the shape of the tool in black on a white board.  ;D ;D  And here I thought he was having a problem remembering where they should go, but suspect it was me (and my 3 brothers) that were the cause all along.. :D :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Polly

:D   your dad was right i have same problem i finally gave upand when i need something i go to his wood shed it is usually their  :D :D 8)

DanG

Quote from: Polly on November 28, 2008, 12:49:55 PM
       :D   your dad was right i have same problem i finally gave upand when i need something i go to his wood shed it is usually their  :D :D 8)

You musta done something right.  At least he puts them in the shed. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ironwood

I know things have gotten out of hand when you need a 8-10,000 lb forklift to go get one of your tools, I have several "large" old planers, drum sanders, jointers in the 30"-40" range that are palletized for the occasional use. I have a universal dust blower that I throw on the top to spew the "nasties" away. My shop is NOT big, so it adds a new dimension to "make hay when the sun is shining" or "make sawdust while the sun is shining" ::) I am like the amish in that way, raining? hide inside, sun shining? work out under the blue sky!

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!