iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

half log bench

Started by yukon cornelius, August 15, 2014, 09:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

we had some return customers request a bench and sent us pics of one similar to what they liked. I wasn't sure it would be sturdy enogh and I didn't want to make it but my patient wife stayed after me until I caved in and made it. I don't want to waste my time making something that wont be sturdy and last a long time. well I stand corrected! it would hold up 10 people. and I love how it turned out. so I will just say it....my wife was right... ;D they liked the pics of it and pick it up tomorrow. I hope they like it!

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

thecfarm

If they don't let me know. I'll come get it.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yukon cornelius

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on August 15, 2014, 09:28:53 PM
$300.00

I wish!! half that  :(

cfarm the other half is being made tomorrow. you want your name on it? come on out I will even load it for you!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Lud

Nice !  You might look into the ONE Time finish for the outside furniture .  Soaks in like oil and the sun cures it.  Would bring out the color in that ERC.

Then you might get that $300! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Lud on August 16, 2014, 07:06:03 AM
Nice !  You might look into the ONE Time finish for the outside furniture .  Soaks in like oil and the sun cures it.  Would bring out the color in that ERC.

Then you might get that $300! 8)

thanks lud! we will check that out. we generally use teak oil and haven't tried anything else. this piece was requested with no finish.

Den Socling

We have one that is very similar but made from an oak log. It is in the neighborhood of 35 years old and still solid as a rock. A neighbor made it for us. I believe he only soaked it with linseed oil.

mesquite buckeye

Perfect bench for a cabin porch. ;D

Love it. ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

And too cheap.

Just sayin'. ;D ;D ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!