iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2018 Northeastern Forest Products Equipment expo

Started by Jim_Rogers, April 11, 2018, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

I couldn't find the thread about this show.

Has someone started one yet?

I will be attending on Friday May 11, 2018 at Essex Junction, VT.
However, I'll be in VT on Thursday on other business, and was wondering who else would be around Essex Junction the evening before hand and would like to get together for supper or something like that.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Oliver05262

We'll be going up just for the day; probably on Friday. 
Forum Members might try to get together to introduce ourselves---maybe at WoodMizer around noon??
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Jim_Rogers

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

bill m

My wife and are driving up Friday morning and will be staying over Friday night.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

dgdrls

My schedule got all fouled and I was not able to attend,
How was the show?  did some folks get a chance to meet-up?

D

Jim_Rogers

On Friday at noon there were a few that met at the Woodmizer tent/display:

From left to right Woodman (Jim C.), Jim Rogers, 47sawdust, Unhooker, and his wife was there, she is hooker, as she hooks up the logs and Unhooker discontacts them, Kevin from logrite, dalehersnsh590, and Oliver0562 (from my notes) If I got your screen name wrong please update this for us.
Thanks to all who showed up for the chat and picture.
Jim Rogers

thecfarm

Hope you all had a great time.
I am looking forward to the show next year in Bangor,ME
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loganworks2

I made it Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed wandering through the show. Finally made it over to the Woodmizer tent and all their equipment. It was great to have the chance to compare all the different models and the differences between them. Having helped out on a circle mill in the past I knew that I wanted hydraulics. The lt35 was the first one in line. After watching them demonstrate it I poked and prodded and tried out the manual clutch and blade guide. 
Then went on to the lt40 wide. What a massive difference in the head construction. I want one smiley_big_grin3 smiley_big_grin3

John Mc

Sorry I missed you guys. I was at the show Friday, but forgot to look for a thread on a possible meet-up (I don't go to a lot of shows, so don't visit this section very much).

I live a little over 20 miles south of the Expo site. Would have been good to catch up, especially since I'm going to miss the FF get-together next weekend in New Hampshire
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Peter Drouin

Ann and I went Sat. I think it was a smaller event. The crowd was small too. I did see the WM guys and have a good talk.

Got back home and had 4 customers in the yard. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!