Dan_Shade

Expo Richmond 2018 -  36th East Coast Logging and Equipment Exposition

May 18-19, 2018

Expo Richmond | SANDSTON, VA 23150

This has historically been a good show.

I'm not affiliated with Expo Richard.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

submarinesailor

Dan,

If things go as planned, I will be there.

Bruce

Cedarman

I plan to be there.  What hotels are people staying at?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

submarinesailor

Quote from: Cedarman on April 04, 2018, 08:27:29 AM
I plan to be there.  What hotels are people staying at?
I'll be driving down from Northern Virginia on Friday morning.  If we can, lets setup a FF breakfast meet somewhere.  You guys staying down there pick a place and I will try to be there.

Bruce

Dan_Shade

I'm going to attempt to attend on Friday. 

It looks like admission is $10 this year if you pre-register  
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

thecfarm

Them shows are always fun!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hose Enthusiast

This is my first year attending- and I'm looking forward to it!

I'm not a logger, I'm attending as a vendor- 

Anything special I can expect to see?

-Blake

DR_Buck

This is usually a really good show if you like to look at equipment.   There will be some of everything there.   I usually go for the entire weekend, however since we moved and are closer, and I am in the middle of a major house renovation I plan on going for one day this year.   Probably going to be Friday so I can meet up with Dan Shade.    I will also be looking to catch up with the Cedarman crew, who are usually there in force. :D  

The unfortunate thing is this year Logrite will be absent  :(  as they are all busy making the move into their new facility.   8)  

#Dan_Shade  #Cedarman 
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Southside

Golden Corral is not too far away for a breakfast meeting up.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Wallys World

My wife and I will be there on Friday. Driving in from Lynchburg VA area that morning.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

DR_Buck

I'll be heading over Friday.  Probably riding the bike over to Richmond.  I'll be wearing my Got Logs ball cap.

Cedarman

Quote from: DR_Buck on May 14, 2018, 11:04:39 PM
I'll be heading over Friday.  Probably riding the bike over to Richmond.  I'll be wearing my Got Logs ball cap.
You will be very noticeable if that is all you are wearing.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

nativewolf

If that's all he's wearing I am skipping the breakfast :D

Should be a good show, leave cash, finance letters, checks etc at home though.

Liking Walnut

submarinesailor

Looks like we are making a day of it.  First the show, than over to the AMSOIL warehouse to pick an order and out to Short Pump for a visit to Cabela's.  Maybe hit Green Top and Bass Pro on the way back up I95.  Got to be careful, very careful because this road trip is a chance to spend WAY TOO MUCH MONEY! :D ::) :D ::) :D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Hope to see some of you guys there.  I'll have my submarine hat and tee shirt on.

Bruce

PS:  Got to remember to get the tickets ahead of time.       

Southside

Spouse is free if you buy the tickets on line ahead of time $10 is all it cost for my wife and I.  Not sure  what hat I will be wearing but odds are I will be the guy security has to warn to "back away from the Super 70"  ;D 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Wallys World

They sent me an email with a bar code to use at the "fast pass" line. Going to be a rainy Friday!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

DR_Buck

Admission fee paid.  I'm ready.

I recommend Bob Evans at 5431 Glenside Dr, Richmond, VA 23228 for breakfast.    It's about 8 miles to the Richmond Raceway, where the Expo is being held.    I'm going to try and arrive at Bob Evans between 7 and 7:30 AM.

btulloh

I hope to get to the show and maybe run into some other FF members.  Right now I'm not sure if it'll fit on the schedule, but I'm working on that.  It's just on the other side of town from me, so that makes it easy to try to fit in.  I hope for everyone's sake that the weather is better than the forecast.  Hope to see ya'll there.
HM126

DR_Buck

Change of Plans -----   

Near 100% chance of rain.   Motorcycle stays home.   I'm going in my truck.    I guess I'll have lots of room to bring things home with me.  ;D

Still planning on a breakfast stop at Bob Evans just off of I-64 and US 250 around 7 to 7:30 (address in post above).

Southside

So - did anybody make it?  We went today, the weather actually held off until just about 4:30 PM, then she opened up.  Was only intending to really look at a 3665 and a Super 70 side by side to further complicate future plans, ended up buying a WM sharpener and setter, 15% off, no freight - kinda hard to pass up that deal as they were both on "the list".  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Wallys World

We made it in Friday morning. We went to all the outside vendors that we wanted to see first in case of rain. It was a good show, saw Marty from WM, got a free lunch from the Hyster dealer, and bought a couple of small items along the way. Overall a good day, Also went to Woodcraft, Hobby Lobby, Red Robin, and Wegmans on the way home!

Thank You Sponsors!