iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fired off the outdoor boiler

Started by Gearbox, September 26, 2018, 09:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearbox

Looks like a new early record for me . High of 46 tomorrow so away we go for another winter . The wood shed is full 34 cord another 7 or 8 in round piles . enough wood for now I'm going bow hunting .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

hedgerow

We have had a few cool mornings already also. I burn my Garn year around but have been keeping the temp up in that 180 range as I have been running the furnace first thing in the morning. Had shoulder surgery this Apr so firewood wood making has been limited. We have been having a fair amount of rain so harvest is running late. Combines showed up yesterday to cut bean's so firewood will be on the back burner until harvest is complete. I hope we have a long Indian summer. 

Bert

It wont be long here. I dont care to be cold.
Saw you tomorrow!

J 5

Fired up last Saturday,  always  nice to have the house warm in the morning, can't take the dampness any more.
                                                                J 5

jerry sundberg

Cleaned the Garn yesterday and heated her up as the outside temps are below normal this fall.
Farmall  man

Pine Ridge

Its that time of year ,39 degrees here this morning with a low forecasted tonight of 30. I don't have an outdoor boiler, but i'll build a fire in the outdoor fire chief furnace this evening, second winter with the forced air furnace. First fire last year was october 14, cool weather is here 4 days early this year.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Gearbox

thanks for bumping . I started the OWB about a week ago . Here we go again .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Pine Ridge

Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

J 5

Week ago last Friday fired up, was cold that night. Then weather warmed up, glad the core has a bypass. Didn't even have time to clean it this summer, it  just flew by , so I better give it the once over this coming week.
                                                               J 5 smiley_smash

petefrom bearswamp

Been burning Hemlock slabs all summer for domestic HW.
Still on Hemlock for at least another few weeks until The cold sets in, then my good split hardwood 
I reduce the boiler temp to 160 in the summer then go back up in usually early Nov.
If I dont reduce the temp I get an occasional boil. 
Only had one frost so far.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Arctiva

Oct 4th mine went on. Sure hope it goes off before June 1st next year. At least its a quick toss a few pieces in and walk away. 

ButchC

Built a fire in the Woodmaster last night.  About the average start date for us
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Corley5

Fired ours the first time mid September.  Fired it for the third time a week ago.  We had a handful of warm days but knew this was coming and kept it going.  I have to replace the door gaskets yet.  I won't fire one morning on a mild day and will get that done in the afternoon.  We should a have couple nice days yet...  ;D :) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jerry sundberg

Oh it's nice to wake up with a warm house ! The Garn is doing her job. I put in new thermopex lines this summer so it should reduce some of the heat loss in the ground.
Farmall  man

Ed

Dad hasn't started his yet........I'm about 2 wheelbarrow loads short of filling the rack.
Blocked 15 more logs yesterday, will split and fill the trailer and dump truck for a little reserve. Still have 20+ logs on the landing.

Nice to be a little ahead of the game for once.

Ed

Logging logginglogging

I usually have the boiler going in bow season. I always take the fist week off, to hunt and finish wood. This year had the wood done early and a deer the second day so that was nice....

Gearbox

Glad its working good it was 0 F this morning .

Thank You Sponsors!