Sponsors:

Bringin' up da Wood

Started by Magicman, September 29, 2018, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I'll take another eight of them piles. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

goose63

No need for fire wood right now 11 days in the 90s  whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Southside

How is your heater wood supply doing Magicman?  Gonna make it through the rest of this season?  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 06, 2020, 04:23:00 AM
I'll take another eight of them piles. ;D

Sure, i'll mark em and you can come fish em out anytime!  
:D
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

I got lots standing up here, you can come cut and yard. :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Andries

Quote from: goose63 on July 06, 2020, 08:17:47 AM
No need for fire wood right now 11 days in the 90s  whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley
. . . and the Weather Guessers are calling for another week of the same.
Yikes!
I guess it's that time of year when some of the deep South boys make the comment that they've never met an air conditioner that they didn't love.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

mike_belben

No AC, and drinkin warm water in the sun like a real redneck.
Praise The Lord

Magicman

Quote from: Southside on July 06, 2020, 08:36:30 AM
How is your heater wood supply doing Magicman?  Gonna make it through the rest of this season?  :D
Marty and I were looking at it after clearing all of the roads before the 4th.  I will soon be in the skidding business and the Grandsons will be splitting & hauling.  Their other Grandparents have no firewood source so that is their job our privilege:)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

You guys talking about firewood got me concerned so I brought two loads up from  da woodshed this morning.  Since PatD has a "broken wing" I mostly brought up split slabwood. 

This should be enough to last 'till Christmas.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

remember to not start burning till the outside plants have lost their flowers! smiley_flowerhead  :)   smiley_daisy
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

cutterboy

Well Magicman, since you brought your firewood up to the house I figured I better do the same. So out to the barn to where my wood is stored and fill my little dump trailer.

Then down around to the back of the house to the basement sliders, unload the wood into a wheelbarrow, wheel it over to the stack and unload. Do that twice more to empty the trailer, then back to the barn for another load.

This should be enough to last till Christmas. ;D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Magicman

You brought up enough to last me 'till Christmas, 2024.  Yikes !!!  :o

Looks like I will have to build a flicker Wednesday AM 32°, and Thursday AM 34° then back in the 80°'s next week.

Jeff

My truck got a glazed look from the cold here. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

If ya wuz on this end of da UP yer truck would be covered with white stuff, not red right now.  :(   
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SwampDonkey

Hopefully won't see that ice here until end of Nov. :D Been in the 60's here lately. I have 10 cords to move out of the woods, for next year. ;D

barbender

I hadn't even clicked on this thread yet this fall, because I know that "Bringin up da' wood" by Magicman is going to be a short story😊
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Yup, you guys just don't understand how much firewood it takes for us to stay cozy this far South of the Glaciated Zone !!  :o

barbender

I really feel for ya'😊 Honestly, I'd rather cut and split my 8 cords than deal with all the hot and muggy y'all have down there!
Too many irons in the fire

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Magicman on October 17, 2022, 10:37:56 PM
Yup, you guys just don't understand how much firewood it takes for us to stay cozy this far South of the Glaciated Zone !!  :o
No, we don't. We are all trying to parse out how you can go through an entire season on a weeks worth of wood. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

If ya ever need a freight train of wood, just drive north a little into the firewood zone. :D

Magicman

Quote from: barbender on October 17, 2022, 10:45:11 PMI'd rather cut and split my 8 cords than deal with all the hot and muggy y'all have down there!
If'en you wus cutting-n-splitting in dis hot-n-muggy weather you would understand.  Da sacrifice is made in da Summer, not da Winter.   :D

smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun  vs   :snowball:

SwampDonkey

Now that there is backward to northern firewood cut'n. Cut in the cool of fall/winter to keep warm doing the job, not to cool off. :D

Al_Smith

I get it done before the frost is on the pumpkin .When cold weather hits it takes me about 15 minutes daily to fill the box inside and a half hour about every week to fill up the trailer .The later is parked up next to my garage door . I load the trailer in the afternoon when it's the warmest .The older I get the less I like winter ,humbug . 

Magicman

Fact is my firewood is the result of clearing fallen trees, and not as actually falling trees for firewood.  I have ~7 miles of trails/roads on my property and keeping them open is a constant chore.  I will often clear a fallen tree by bucking firewood and stacking it beside the road for later retrieval, only to see it rot.  I saw a nice whack Monday that is now too far gone.

Here is a good example that happened on June 30th:  LINK 

Scroll down to Reply #6 for the actual removal. None of this firewood has been brought out yet, but I saw it today and it is certainly OK.

Thank You Sponsors!