iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vermeer 1800XL chipper infeed issue

Started by Gummybeck, May 05, 2021, 11:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gummybeck

I have a new to me Vermeer BC1800XL that the infeed rollers are not functioning, the engine warning light is on(engine is 100%), and I think the engine ECU is holding onto a code(john Deere diesel). Is there any way to clear this code without taking it to a dealer?
Thanks

kiko

Typically with a john deere you have to resolve the issue causing the code, then the code will go inactive , so there is no need to clear it. Do you happen to have the code numbers? Like 0157.18

Gummybeck

I had John Deere out to plug in a check engine, there were no error codes on the engine ECU, all values were correct and senders working. He reflashed the engine ECU to make sure all was cleared, but alas, no 'engine Ok' light on vermeer ECU.
I had Vermeer out prior to John Deere and they said issue lies with the JD, which it clealy wasnt.
So im $1300 in with dealers and no resolution. Vermeer office in Charlotte are pretty unhelpful.

kiko

Sounds like the problem is JD Or Vermeer . What that vermeer control light is telling you is  that the engine ECU is not communicating with Vcu . Engine data is transmitted to the Vcu through a CAN BUS data cable. Often that cable can be identified  as a shielded cable. With a green yellow and black wire. Look for it at ECU and Vcu connectors. Those wires need to be checked for bad connections and chatted areas. Also in the CAN circuit will be a termination resister that absorbs refections in the data. Depending on CAN protocol this resistor will be 60 90, or 120 ohms.  This data can also be corrupted by outside magnetic fields. Made sure the data cable is not in proximity to the alternator.  Remember hearing the Alternator on the AM radio?  

Thank You Sponsors!