iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Which is better?

Started by brianJ, September 10, 2022, 09:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianJ

For getting some general tools or even a Honda engine.   Which is better?  Gallagher or Harbor freight?

bigblockyeti

This is a bit confusing, are you looking for tools to work on a Honda engine or are you looking for a source for tools and potentially a Honda engine as well?  If the latter, I would say which ever is closer.  I don't think HF carries any Honda engines.

Ventryjr

Not sure what your looking for in a response.  But I like HF tools for throw aways or limited use stuff.  And the predator engines/generators are pretty good. I've had a few different ones. 
-2x belsaw m14s and a Lane circle mill.

kiko

Get the 301 piece mechanics kit from  HF. It has most any tool you need, except large wrenches .  Decent tools. I wore the chrome off one of the 3/8 ratchets.  

John Mc

HF does not sell Honda engines.

Their higher end hand tools, such as the Icon series are pretty darn good. The low end (Pittsburg) stuff mostly works, but is far from what I would call "high quality".

My wife got a Hercules compound miter saw for her woodworking projects and has been happy with it.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!