iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2 roller conversion?

Started by Firewoodjoe, September 24, 2022, 08:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

Anyone ever run one? The speed increase seems appealing but I was told by a mechanic If I was in hardwood steady don't switch. Also I think the max stem diameter gets smaller do to the wheel size. I'm just trying to cover all my bases before I decide to buy different equipment to increase production. 

Riwaka

Logmax has made fixed heads for some years.

This example of a fixed 2 roller Logmax 7000XT (4400lbs, 31 inch max cut) in 2011 predates Komatsu Forest's purchase of Logmax around a decade ago.

Log Max 7000XT Fixed Head Processing Hardwoods on a Timber Pro 725 Track Machine - YouTube

See if the current day Cypress electronics will work between a Timbco and fixed Logmax as they do for this 1996 Timbco/ dangle waratah.

New Cypress Install- Alpine Timber Harvesting, Idaho - YouTube

Firewoodjoe

Yes logmax is gaining ground here. See a few more with the fixed head guys. I think the tigercat 570 is a little faster. If I was to buy another fixed head used it would prolly be a logmax. Basically only for the cutting diameter and they are available used. 

BargeMonkey

Joe it's got YOU written all over it. You can take the harvester, I will take the forwarder which is for sale. Stuffs sitting 5mins from Barbender, he sent me a picture today 😆

Firewoodjoe

He's not out of line on price. But that's a lot of money if I only gain stem diameter. I'm sure I'd gain more than that but would it cut twice as much wood as mine? I can't see that so that's all kinda what I need to decide. See what's my slow parts to get profits up but keep cost down🤷‍♂️

Thank You Sponsors!