iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for Logs

Started by Nicky, April 30, 2007, 07:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicky

Hi Everyone...

This is my first post... so be gentle.  I am in fact asking a favour but promise the next post will be a little more casual.

I am the Event Organiser at Petersons and was wondering if there is anyone out there who may have some logs that we can use at shows for demonstrations. 

Sometimes its a little hard to find logs close to each show so I was kinda hoping some Forum members might be able to help me out or steer me in the right direction.

Over the next couple of months we will be in: Columbia SC, Senecca Falls NY, Boonville NY and Columbus OH

If you have any logs that we can cut to spec for you, please contact me via email nwalker@petersonsawmills.com.

I look forward to hearing from you all...

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Fourm!   8)

I'd try to help you out but they always have these shows at the other end of the world.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

BBTom

When are you going to be in Columbus, and at what venue?

I might be able to help with some logs for that show. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Nicky

Hi BBTom...
We are planning on attending the Farm Science Review this year which is mid September.  If you can help me out, that would be great.  Just let me know your details and I'll be in touch.

BBTom

Haven't been to the FSR for a couple years, it must be time to head back there. 

I will try to save you something worth cutting.  Email or PM me ( icons under my avitar), but whatever you do, don't forget to remind me a month before the show.   
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

jbeat

Hey Nicky,  I think the Peterson crew will be impressed with the F.S.R.. This is a huge ag. equipment expo. in London, Ohio. I will pitch in with BBTom to provide the logs for the show. If any forum members are interested, this is a show with live field demos. and probably 100+ acres of static displays. Log into--O.S.U. farm science review--for more info.. And yes, Michiganders are welcome. GO BUCKS    John Beathard
John B

HSV

Thanks John!!
Hey, you are actually the reason we are going to FSR this year :-)
Thanks for the recommendation, everything we have heard about it so far sounds great!
;D

stumpy

Just ask Burlkraft.  He supplied the last log for the Petersons demo in Wisconsin!!!!
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Nicky

I must say, that was a brilliant log.  I personally havent seen anything quite like it!!

Kevin

Nicky, you can try the arborists as well, they are taking big wood daily.
Be sure to tell them you are looking for clean metal free wood.
treebuzz

Nicky

Thanks for the suggestion, Kevin.    8)

Thank You Sponsors!