iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan Forestry show (Updated Sep 2005)

Started by Bibbyman, August 18, 2003, 11:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Didn't get a chance to squirrel away any cookies last year, but did manage ta grab a couple of dem Logrite Brownies.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Ga_Boy

A Peterson 10" WPF will be there for demo and test driving.

I'll have some LogRite tools with me as well.

Here is a link to the show.

http://209.235.214.233/paulbunyan.html

Send me a PM if you need more info.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Bibbyman

50'th ! Paul Bunyan Forestry Show - Nelsonville, OH.  October 7-9 2005

The Paul Bunyan show is one of best forestry shows I've ever attended.  We've made a lot of post with lots of info on the show. 

I have updated the links to the Nelsonville Hocking College web site and the Ohio Forestry web site the first post on this thread.

Here is another link to a thread of posts from last year's Paul Bunyan show.

Paul Bunyan and no Chisel!

A lot of Forestry Forum members gather there.  Mary and I hope we can make it again this fall.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

johnjbc

We are planning to attend this year and would like to bring our camper. Tom_Averwater If your offer to save spots is still open I would appreciate it.
We are planning to drive out on Thursday the 6th and stay through the weekend.
John & Kathy
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Tom_Averwater

john,
         I'll be going up Wed. nite or Thur. morning . I can save spots for camping. We'll get a head count in a couple of weeks . I have to go to Disneyworld the week of 18- 24 so I will be out of touch . :D  :(  Tom_Averwater
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Wyatt

it is a very good time! I went to school there for wildlife management and Ranger training in mid 80s. Paul Bunyan show was always a BIG weekend.

SAW MILLER

I sure hope you all wear them there FF hats,I've never met any of you and I would sure like to know who you are.I can just hear me asking everyone in bibbs if they are Bibbyman!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

Jeff

I'd sure love to come back to the Paul bunyan show this year but just cant make it.  SAW MILLER , i imagine before the show gets here, one of the sponsors will be designated as this years Forestry Forum meeting spot. Last year the offical spot was logrite tools, but you will find forum members at any of the other sponsors.  Tell that bibbyman to where his forum hat to the show instead of the wood-mizer hat. Everybody at wood-mizer already knows him anyways. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Quote from: Jeff B on September 13, 2005, 05:17:53 PM
Tell that bibbyman to where his forum hat to the show instead of the wood-mizer hat. Everybody at wood-mizer already knows him anyways. :D

Maybe I could be like those race car drivers after they win a race,  I could wear the hats of all the sponsors by switching every few seconds - just for photo ops... :D

The Paul Bunyan show is always on our list but we've only been able to attend two in the past 5-6 years.  We've just got a mountain of logs in this week and expect more.  We are working on a building extension and are planning to attend the Midwest Forest Ind show comeing up in a week or two.  LOTS to do!!
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Maybe, just maybe, that is enough of a 'sob' story to get you two tickets.  :D :D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

Bibbyman

Quote from: beenthere on September 13, 2005, 08:00:46 PM
Maybe, just maybe, that is enough of a 'sob' story to get you two tickets.  :D :D ;D

The cost of the tickets are on the small end of the list of costs involved.

There is the 18 hours of driving one way that we'd spread over a night on the way getting there and another getting back.  Then we'd be there for two days so that's 4 days so far. 

Then it takes Mary a day to get ready and take enough "stuff" to homestead in Alaska.  Then anther day when we get back to unload, unwind and get back into work mode again. 

So that'd be 6 days out of work with 4 nights in a motel room and eating in restaurants – not to mention $2-300.00 in gas.  Money going out, none coming in. :-\
Sawing since '94

WV_hillbilly

I'll be there  just don't  know  how many or which  days  it will be .  We 'll have to see who's going and then we can set a time and booth .
Hillbilly

Jeff

If you guys missed it, Peterson is giving away tickets for sob stories. See thier criteria on thier sponsor board.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodhick

I plan to attend the show on Sunday.  I have been the last four years but havn't had the pleasure of meeting any other members.  I would prefer to go on Saturday but my daughters band is playing in the West Virginia mountain state forest festival in Elkins WV.  So I will have to attend it on Saturday and try to make the PB show on Sunday.  Hope  to meet some of you members there. ;D 8)
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Ron Scott

You don't want to miss the Forest Festival in Elkins W. Va.  I recall President Ford visited it one year.
~Ron

Tom_Averwater

Who is going to camp at the Paul Bunyan Show ? Show me some hands if you want me to save you a spot .  smiley_wavy smiley_wavy    I'm hoping to go up Wed. evening or Thur. morning. Tom

johnjbc

Got my Free passes from Peterson in the mail Friday

Tom - Here is my hand. Planning on driving out on Thursday should be there in the afternoon. Please save us a spot for a 27' travel trailer

Tom_Averwater

John, I've got your reservation.  So far it's john, Mnt. Jack and I camping.     Tom

johnjbc

Tom_Averwater
Can you please post directions? I can get to Nelsonville OK but need directions to the show and camping area. Also do I need to call in and pre-register?

Tom_Averwater

John, The camping area is just a big field . Can't preregister. I go up a day early to save spots. At  the east side of Nelsonville on rt. 33 Turn onto rt.  691 to Hocking College . Go about 200 yards and turn right onto ?.Camping area is down the road on the right. I always try to camp in the far right corner by a group of white Pines .97 Ford pick up  with 27 Ft. prowler camper.  cell 513-310-2456 if you get lost.  Tom

johnjbc

Bibbyman

Anybody take any pictures at the PB show?  :'(
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

I wasn't even there at Paul Bunyan this year and I got this picture.

Here is Burl Thatcher with some of the furniture he build at the Paul Bunyan show 2005. 

I guess nobody seen him work on the Lathe-Mizer because everybody was looking the other way. ::)
Sawing since '94

Ga_Boy

Bibby,

Of course folks were looking the other way.   ;) ;D

Captian and me were making that swinger hum just across the path from that lath mizer.

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Thank You Sponsors!