iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan Forestry show (Updated Sep 2005)

Started by Bibbyman, August 18, 2003, 11:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

50'th ! Paul Bunyan Forestry Show - Nelsonville, OH.  October 7-9 2005

Here is the Hocking College web site with info on the show.  

PAUL BUNYAN SHOW

But I think it's last year's stuff.  I'll look for a better link.

Here's on the Ohio Forestry website...

Paul Bunyan Show

Here's a link to an earlier tread under Travel Guide about the Paul Bunyon Show of a couple years past

Anyone going to the Paul Bunyan Show?

(Updated links and info - July 18,04 - Bibbyman)
(Updated links and info - Sept 9,05- Bibbyman)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Greg

Count me in!

Hope to see alot of faces matching these names.

Greg

Mtnjack

Hey Bibby count Mt Jack in hope to meet up with you mary and others we will camp there for the weekend,let you know a meeting place closer to show time. Be safe mtn Jack

Tom_Averwater

Mnt. Jack,
              Are you going to need a camping spot again this year?  
     If anybody is also going and are planning to camp I can save you a spot, as some years the camp grounds fill up very quick.  Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Greg

QuoteMnt. Jack,
              Are you going to need a camping spot again this year?  
     If anybody is also going and are planning to camp I can save you a spot, as some years the camp grounds fill up very quick.  Tom

Tom,

I was thinking about bringing the family (two young kids) and staying in a hotel. Is there nearby decent lodging?

Does it sell out quickly too?

Any specific place/hotels to recommend?

Greg

Bibbyman

Nelsonville is not very big.  There are no large towns close to it.  If you go to Yahoo and key in "Nelsonville, oh" in the search function it'll come up with a page of hotels in the Nelsonville area.

The one time we went there we staid in some small town west of there.  I can't even remember the name of town.
Sawing since '94

Tom_Averwater

Greg,
        There is only one motel @ Nelsonville and it usually is filled up the Monday after P. B. for the next year. Try Athens , Ohio,it's about 15 miles east .You need to make up your mind soon as they might fill up too.The town of Logan is to the west I don't know if it has any motels.   Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Greg

Thanks Tom,

I'll be in Athens on other business, and there looks to be several different lodging options there.

Looks to be only 15 miles away from Nelsonville.

Greg

WV_hillbilly

Hi everyone, I plan on going there on Sat.  .How about you Dugsaws ?
Hillbilly

Dugsaws

Hillbilly, I am planning to be there on Saturday, Shopteacher, how about you, it would only be about 3 1/2 hrs drive for you.    
    Hillbilly, I will get in touch with you closer to the show, mabye we can travel the same road

Doug
Doug

WV_hillbilly

Dugsaws it sounds good to  me. When it is a little closer we'll have to plan something.
Hillbilly

Dugsaws

Hillbilly,
 Are you taking your family with you,If so what is the ages of your kids, because I am trying to talk my wife into going and taking my kids, but she keeps saying there is nothing for them to do ::), so give me some ideas to change her mind.

Thanks,
 Doug
Doug

WV_hillbilly

Dugsaws
Yes I'm taking my little ones .They have went every year since they were born. My 2 youngins are 3 and 5 years old. There are alot of things to do for them.There is an old frontier village on campus you can visit. A steam train goes from the show into Nelsonville  and back.There is always someone at just about every chainsaw booth carving pieces of logs into sculptures all day long. There is a Skit type  lumberjack show that is funny  to watch  just don't sit too  close to the pond unless you would like to get wet and cool off. Then there is the real lumberjack contests like you see on TV  . Most of the food vendors have good food too ;D  . If your kids like to watch equipment operate like mine do they won't be dissappointed                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           The selection of forestry related equipment is unbelievable . the equipment ranges from what a workingman can buy to what ever your bank account can afford.My wife only allows me to have a certain amount of money when we go there .That way I usually can't buy anything that won't fit in the bed of my truck.But I wonder if she would notice that on the way back a bandmill mysteriously got tangled up on my trailer hitch ???.

I almost forgot that there are some booths that sell craft type items also .
Hillbilly

Dugsaws

So has the Bibbyman and Mrs Bibbyman made plans as to which event they are going to go to the P.B show or the Ozark farm fest?

Hillbilly thanks for the help on every thing you posted to do but I still dont know if it was enough to covince her to go
Doug

WV_hillbilly

Dugsaws  
      Your welcome on the info. Trying to help out :D.

How does meeting at the  Woodmizer  booth at noon sound to every one .  Any other suggestions  ?
Hillbilly

Bibbyman

Mary and I just talked about it again this morning.  Still not 100% decided to go.  Sure would like to.  We about visited out at the Mid-West show and really behind in our sawing.

We took the long way home instead of the interstate and spotted on hard maple turning orange (our favorite color  ;D) and then noted a bunch more about ready to turn.  Last time we were at the PB show,  about half the trees were turning their fall colors - a few days or week later and they'd been something.

Here is a couple of pictures I got the last time we were there.

We got there early!  I think it was the day we left.

Cabin in the pioneer village.
Sawing since '94

BBTom

I have plans to be there on saturday.  Hope to meet some of you fine folk.  I be sure to hang out by the WM booth at noon.

Bibby, Sure would love to meet you and Mary.  Don't think Sheryl will be able to come with me this time.  
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Bibbyman

As of this morning's talk with Mary,  looks like we're not going to be able to go. Too many irons in the fire. :(
Sawing since '94

Jeff

looking at the map, this aint that far away...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BBTom

We have a spare room or two Jeff.  Drive down here friday eve, and with a early start we can be there when the gates open.
Sheryl will be driving home from Jackson, MI on Friday eve.  Just follow her home!! (IF you can keep up with her)
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Dugsaws

That would be great if Jeff could bring the FF truck to the show and get to meet him(and Tammy also)
Doug

Jeff

I mapped it. Its farther then I thought this soon after getting back. Its over 400 miles.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV_hillbilly

For those that are going to meet at the Woodmizer booth on Sat.  I will have an orange #20 Tony Stewart hat on .

Dugsaws I could bring my truck and put the FF decals on it .They almost are twins
Hillbilly

Mtnjack

Hey guys and girls looks like a good showing count Mtn Jack in for the weekend. Turn your hats around at noon so we can find each other. Just think the first FF hat spin. Hey Jeff whats the chance at a real hat?  See you folks there  Mtn Jack

Bibbyman

Anybody get back from the Paul Bunyan show?  Any reports? Pictures?  Video?
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!