iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan Forestry show (Updated Sep 2005)

Started by Bibbyman, August 18, 2003, 11:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Hey Bibby ,

Dugsaws and I made it back. It was a little muddy but that didn't dampen the want to buy alot of things.I took some pics but haven't had the time to get them posted yet . I will get them on tomorrow.  We got to meet Sawmill John and  Don Cadwell at the Mobile Dimension booth. I talked to the guysat the Wooodmizer booth but can't remember their names. The LT-70 with Cat power was awesome. I wouldn't want to  be    a tailman if the operator got serious about sawin wood.  I got action pics ofthat mill and the Mobile Dimension.
Hillbilly

sawmill_john

here are some of the paul bunyan pictures.

Mark Havel climbing his tree.

Again we spoke with lots of very nice people and had fair wheather.  

John

Bibbyman

Great pictures John.  

(You could have panned a little more right on the third one and left on the forth one.  ;D )

WV,  where are your pictures?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

WV_hillbilly

Here are the pics I took at Paul Bunyon 2003

In the last pic standing under the canopy is Dugsaws and Mtn Jack watching the Mobile Dimension at work with Sawmill ohn at the controls  . Don Cadwell is standing behind them talking to someone else . John and Don were great to talk to . They even tried to talk me into a sweet heart of a deal for that mill .

Hillbilly

Bibbyman

Thanks for the look-see!  

This fall for sure... >:(
Sawing since '94

dan-l-b

I'm with you Bibby, with the shoot-out moved and all that e-q-u-i-p-m-e-n-t, I hope to be there ;D ;D

Jeff

Yep, can't miss this one. Kiwi Jake mentioned in another thread that he thought he would be there for Peterson. I gotta see one of those swingers up close. I mean the Peterson, not Jake. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Looks like a great opportunity to set up some kind of meeting place like we did at the Wood-Mizer 20'th anniversary party year before last. (How time flies!)

Could be the one place where all the major Forestry Forum sponsors have an exhibit.  Good time to toast them.  Maybe get them all together for a group picture.
Sawing since '94

WV_hillbilly

I ' ll be there and hope to bring a mill home with me  ;D

Hillbilly
Hillbilly

Jeff

We can talk about all this at the PIG ROAST ;D

sawmillsi

hi guys,

just a quick question (nb. i'm an australian who's never been to the US before).

Wheres the show in relationship to say LA (or where i would fly in from aust.)?

Jeff

Its a LOOOONG ways from L.A.  Almost clear across the country. You probably can recognize the location of the great lakes on a U.S. map?  Just east of most of the lakes and south.

Captain

You could fly into BOSTON and hitch a ride with me and the ASM (16-17hours :-/)

I am not sure of Jake's travel plans yet....

Captain

dewwood

2004 Show is coming up!

Does anyone have information on camping at or near the show site?  I know there is a state park about 20 miles away but was hoping there might be something closer where some of the forum members stay.

Any information would be appreciated.

Dewey
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Jeff

Yes, I need that info. I am planning on skipping logging congress and coming down for the Paul Bunyan show. Probably be tenting it. Trying to get Chet to come along. :)

Bibbyman

When we were there a bunch of years back,  there were bunches and bunches of people camping right there at the show.  You had to park about a mile from the show grounds and walk past the campers to get to the gate.   I don't know how you reserve a place there.  Maybe it tells something on the web site.???
Sawing since '94

dewwood

I could not find anything on the web site, maybe I did not know where to look.  I thought maybe someone here had camped there before and could tell us who to contact concerning reservations.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dugsaws

Check with Mtnjack I know he has been camping there for a few years, he might know that info
Doug

Bibbyman

beenthere,  that looks like the same link to the Ohio Forestry info that's posted on the first post of this topic.

Here is a link to some camping info on the Hocking College web site - but I don't think it's the camping I seen when at Paul Bunyon back in 01.

Overnight Accommodations:
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Sure right you are. I read all the posts back to last year, and didn't see anything, so searched (and posted).
Musta been the champagne.

Sorry for the duplicate. But seemed people were asking, so I looked around.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom_Averwater

Jeffb,dewood,
      I have camped at the Baul Bunyan Show for the last 15-18 years .I have been saving MNT. Jack a place for the last 3 years.My friends say Jack is my "internet date".  
     I could save some more sites (it's first come first served) if someone wanted me to.We usually go to PB  on wed. or thursday. We can talk more about it as the time gets nearer. PB officals were talking about not having camping this year ,but I think that was because of the shootout that was to be there.  Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Bibbyman

Mary and I sure are planning to attend this year.  BUT we've said we were going to make it back the last two years also and something has came up.

One thing to consider about attending this show... Pepair for mud in case it rains!

The show is held out in a hay field below the college.  There is very little paved parking and it goes fast in the morning.  The main parking area is in other hay fields about a mile from the show area.  

I think there is another option of parking in town and taking the train over to the show area.  I think it ran about every half-hour.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Mary and I are making plans to go this year.   8)

We've been knocked out by other obligations the last two years.  :'(

See y-all around the Wood-Mizer booth. ;D
Sawing since '94

johncinquo

http://www.paulbunyanshow.com/

Oct 7,8,9.  Lots of displays, competition, and I hear you can squirrel away cookies on occasion.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Thank You Sponsors!