iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition - Oct. 17-19 2006 Moultrie, Ga

Started by Radar67, July 03, 2006, 12:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

Who plans to attend and how many days to you plan to be there. Anybody camping?

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don K

Plans as of now are to be at Moultrie this year. I know I will be there the 18th ,19th. Coming in on the 17th. Planning on camping at a local state park. 
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

DanG

I'll be there all three days.  Don't know about the camping yet.  I'll probably be providing logs for at least one company, so I may have to travel back and forth hauling logs and lumber.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

brdmkr

What are the dates of the moutrie show?  16th - 19th 0r 17 - 20?  I need to make plans to make it over for at least one day.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

brdmkr

Bibbyman,

Please tell me that the date wasn't in the subject line and you added that!  Otherwise I am not paying much attention!

I see that you edited.  I sure hope that is the case.

Thanks for the dates.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Bibbyman

Quote from: brdmkr on September 07, 2006, 09:20:49 AM
Bibbyman,

Please tell me that the date wasn't in the subject line and you added that!  Otherwise I am not paying much attention!

I see that you edited.  I sure hope that is the case.

Thanks for the dates.

I did it.  I was just trying to help.   ;D

If you look at the fist post stuck at the top of this section it contains links to our sponsor's web site pages that list shows and events that they are going to atend.   The fist four sponsors listed Moultrie and had links to the Sunbelt web site.

The second post stuck at the top of this sections says to "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING A NEW EVENT!! " It asks that you start a post about an event in the Calender so that it shows up there.
Sawing since '94

Darnz

Peterson's will also be there for all 3 days. Our newest baby mill the 'Skillmill' will be on show too, along with a bigger mill. So come check us out at site: WB-8 # 63,64,65.

You will have both Peterson's big bosses, Husband (Chris) and Wife (Kerris) plus our Skillmill project manager Layla to keep you all entertained. And of course answer any questions, enquiries etc etc that you might have.

Darnielle :)

You don't know what you are created for, until you've met your maker!!

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum Darnz....  Now we have two forum curse words . DanG and DarnZ.   :D

Looks more like we'll be there too.  Mary just made motel reservations.  Couldn't get anything in town.  Went south a little.  That's what we get for holding out too long.

OOPS!  Old-timers caught up with me again!  I got crossed up and thought I'd posted this on the Madisonville, Ky show that's coming up on September 15,16.  While Mary and I would sure like to make the Sunbelt Expo,  it's a little out of our reach.  We're going to be stratched to make it to KY only 6 hours drive away.
Sawing since '94

Darnz

Thanks for the welcome Bibbyman. I have been reading/searching and looking at the forum for months now. It's full of exciting 'womanly' news. I like it.

She made some reservations? oh great, there are a couple closer that I know about that could help you out. But if you've already made them, might as well stick to em eh?

Thanks again, we look forward to the show

Darnz.

Bibbyman

There were a couple of rooms available in town but none that met our needs.  i.e. Non-smoking, bed combination, etc.

She got a room at some resort on a lake south of town.  Maybe she want's to get away from it all.  :)

OOPS!  Old-timers caught up with me again!  I got crossed up and thought I'd posted this on the Madisonville, Ky show that's coming up on September 15,16.  While Mary and I would sure like to make the Sunbelt Expo,  it's a little out of our reach.  We're going to be stratched to make it to KY only 6 hours drive away.
Sawing since '94

Tom

DanG

Lake Gitchabibbismony has lain dormant and stagnant for years.  Looks like it is finally coming to life. :D

Bibbster, I was gonna suggest that you and Mary saddle up the ol' grey mare and head on over to Moultrie.  I'm glad to see that you'll be there.  Meeting y'all will sure be a highlight for me. 8) 8) 8)

Chris and Kerris are BOTH gonna be there?  This is gonna be great!  I can hardly wait!  This Moultrie show is going to be a real kick. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Don K

Me and the wife were just talking about the show tonight. We are both taking the week off and will be camping close by for three nights starting on the 17th. We are calling this our getaway vacation for the year. No work, no phones, no bosses, and no kids or exs. Life will be grand and looks like I will get to meet some new people too.  ;D ;D It can't get here soon enough! I just hope it might be a shade cooler this year.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Captain

Chris, Kerris, Layla and NO Captain  ::)

Maybe next year....

Captain

woodbowl

HUH ? ....... Oh well, I was hoping you would make it again.

I spent all 3 days last year and hope to spend 3 days this year, however it falls on the fall break weekend and my kids are jumping up and down to go camping that week.

I wonder if I could kinda' sorta' locate some good vacation spots out that way?  ::)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Tom

You mean stuff like this:  Wild adventures

Or stuff like this: The Georgia Agrirama

Or maybe stuff like this: The  Stephen Foster Memorial

Or a centrally located Ga. State camping facility: between Moultrie and I-75

Part_Timer

Darnz

Glad you made it to the forum.  You'll like it here.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

woodbowl

Reed Bingham state park isn't that far away. I've never been there, but it looks pretty inviting.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Don K

Woodbowl,
That's where me and the wife are staying.  We are camping in a tent. We have a site reserved for all three nights.  Come go with us!!        ;D :)

getoverit

:( :( :(

I just realized that I had booked a 7 day cruise for the wifey and me during that week.... guess I wont be at moultrie after all :(
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Darnz

Yeah the big bosses themselves will be there. Layla the Skillmill head cheese will also be there (shes a whole heap of fun and pretty crazy)

Ooooh Captain it would be great to have you there, so if we see you, we see you!!!

I like it here already, everyone so "welcoming".

Nice to kind of meet you all.

Darnz :)

woodbowl

Quote from: Don K on September 10, 2006, 03:26:20 PM
Woodbowl,
That's where me and the wife are staying.

We're gonna' have to play it by ear right now. Looks like they have plenty of room still. Got to make a decission soon though.

Murf

DanG, I just realized that it is being held on the airfield at KMUL.  8)

Whatz'a chances I'm gonna find a motel room within a short taxi ride of the field, or another field (Thomasville, Camilla) nearby?

I might hafta burn up some fuel and go have a lookey see.  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

woodbowl

Quote from: Murf on September 11, 2006, 03:38:00 PM

Whatz'a chances I'm gonna find a motel room within a short taxi ride of the field, or another field (Thomasville, Camilla) nearby?

Murf, I hate to tell ya, you ain't gonna' find a motel close by. They've been booked up for a year in advance. Last year, I slept in my van and DanG camped out in his truck.

Sounds like your flying in. You got a tent? There is a spot where I was last year that folks in campers pitched extra tents for their kids and incomming family members. It's off to the side, not crowded, close to the showers and close walking to the events.

When you get there, make a B-line to the sawmill section. I'll probably be hanging around D&L or WoodMizer. If I'm not around, DanG, Don K or Tom should know where I'm at.

If all fails to hook up, go out the front gate, locate the section of big motor homes parked on the grass. (not the tarmack) The area is directly behind the motorhomes under some pine trees. It's all within a few rock throws from the showers.

Hey ....... did you know that the MAUL factory is located in a hanger onfield?

Thank You Sponsors!