iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition - Oct. 17-19 2006 Moultrie, Ga

Started by Radar67, July 03, 2006, 12:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murf

Maule's presence is one of the reasons I'd be going.  :D

I'd rather fly to another airport nearby and get a room, these old bones have seen too much turbulence for sleeping in a tent any more.

I'm thinking about coming down to stretch the legs on the new bird and see how 175 knots feels for a few hours.  ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Tom

Fly on in!!

Look me up at the sawmills and I'll be your wheels.

I'm staying at a motel in Valdosta, about 30 miles away from the field.

They'll have room.  IM me and we'll get together on it.

woodbowl

Well bust my grits! ...... Murf, it looks like you just got a chauffeur and a Moultrie expo guide all in one whack. Gotta say, dats a better deal that sleepin' on a pine root.

What will you be flying in on?
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Don K

Hey DanG, Do you still have the benches or will we have to get some sawed up quick like? There has to be a place to hold court and tell tall tales.   :D :D :D :D :D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Murf

Well Tom, as my dear old uncle usta say, that's mighty hospitable of ya!

If I can get a few days liberty from the base CO here, I think I'll head down there. She's been in a pretty good mood lately, if  I talk nice she might even let me make a few detours along the way.  ;D

WB, we got the Navion finished up finally, what a blast!!

The weather wasn't great on the weekend with the remants of the Ernesto rolling through, but the weather cleared Saturday afternoon and as soon as I had a few thousand feet of ceiling I was up there!!

I did a little tour up over my cottage and that area, then back home before sunset.  8)

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

DanG

DonK, those benches went away with the lumber, and are now decorating a nice lady's front porch.  We'll just hafta make some new ones. ;D 8)

Murf, just come on down!  You'll have the greatest of times.  You'd hafta be some sort of dingbat to turn down Tom's offer, but there'll be plenty of us there with vehicles, so landing at Spence Field would definitely be your best bet.

Last year, a bunch of us went to a good little BBQ restaurant one evening, and had a blast.  They was poking fun at me for polishing them rib and chicken bones so well, but Ga_Boy pointed out that I had left a little marrow in one of'em.  :D :D  Ya just can't have a better time with your clothes on!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mike_P.

Jeanette and I will be there telling our Rust Reaper story.  Look for us in the Peterson booth. 

We'll be arriving late on the 15th and staying in Thomasville.  I hope to get up with my cousin, who lives in Thomasville.

We're looking forward to the show and seeing everyone.

Mike

Don K

Mike P.  I've been wanting to buy some RR, but just haven't gotten around to it. Now I can buy some and meet you in person. I love your restored dozer. I found my grandfather's 69 Cat D4 about six years ago and let the opportunity to buy it slip through my hands. He sold it in 82 after he retired from the logging industry and he passed away in 91. If only we could relive our regrets. See ya at Moultrie.

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

HSV

'Husband', 'Wife', 'HSV' along with 'Mike P' from Rust Reaper will be waiting for some FF members to drop by, during their time at Sunbelt!  The Skillmill will be demonstrated, and we are still on the hunt for a big Peterson for this one  ;D

Come down, enter the draw to win a Skillmill - drawn 29th Oct.
Show info: Sunbelt

Blake22

Blake

Tom

A long drive!?!

What are you driving, a herd of cows?  :D

You might be then only tourist Qutiman sees pass through this year.  It'll be kinda like a one man parade.   Just make sure that it isn't the Sheriff out there waving at you.  :D :D

Captain

I'll have to leave strict orders with Brownie to make Tom's bench one of the first projects....still like that famous picture from last year....

Captain

Tom

I'll look forward to the bench.  Wish you could be there to help hold it down.

blueox

Blue Ox is gonna be there and bringing along our newest addition the Fire Stomper! So stop by and say HI !!! Check out this rig on our website www.blueoxequipment.com

For all of you looking for a place to stay, we found Thomasville to be a wonderful little town and only a 30 minute drive. Last year I called the Chamber of Commerce in Thomasville (229-226-9600) I spoke with a wonderful woman Joellen Griffin who was an amazing help. She gave me the low down on every B & B in town.(I personally had never stayed at a B & B and never intended to ever try it....well I pleasantly surprised.)

We Stayed at Serendipity and they SPOILED  us rotten!! (they packed us a lunch for every day....we LOVED it!)

Here are some numbers:

Serendipity 229-226-8111  (Laura will treat you right and her rooms are so cozy) Rates were very reasonable. www.serendipity.com

Dawson St Inn 226-226-7515 (reasonable rates)

Paxton House 229-226-5197  www.1884paxtonhouseinn.com

Evans House 226-226-1343

Carriage House 229-224-5659 Rooms started at $250 a night....way out of my price range, but maybe one of you hit the megabucks....I could sleep in the truck for a lot less than that!!!

Thomasville has a days inn 800-325-2525
Holiday inn express 229-226-4666

It was worth walking the streets of this lil town, its beautiful and the homes are amazing.

I hope this helps someone.... Stop by our booth...we are across from Peterson's boothe, we will miss you Capatain!

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

DanG

Hey Laurel!  I'm glad you discovered Thomasville.  It is my birthplace and was home until I was 16, when we moved to Fla.  It is a pretty neat little city.

Be sure and take a few minutes to see "The Big Oak."  Don't take the Big Ox on that little tour, though.  It would never make it under the branches hanging over the streets.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom_in_Mo.

Well, I will be leaving Missouri  Saturday and driving down. Guess I will take the scenic route and come through Nashville. I will be there. If I could get those truck drivers to stop at the Cracker Barrels on the way down then my trip would be even more pleasant.
Has the last skill mill been replaced yet? I would like to see it. I was too busy in Madisonville to take a walk.
Woodbowl, you and getoverit better come. Tom if I can remember it, I will bring you something with me.
I GUESS I WILL BE HANGING AROUND THE BLUE AND YELLAR TENT!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) YA'ALL ARE WELCOME TO STOP BY

brdmkr

How late do the festivities extend into the evening?  I only have the 17th open and it appears that I now have a meeting that morning.  I could still get there by noon, but if things shut down at 5:00, I may not be able to make it :(
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Tom

Yep, it shuts down at 5pm on Tue. and Wed.   On Thur. it shuts down at 4pm. Some of the exhibitors will be dismantled before then though.  The show doesn't like for them to do it, but they do.

It opens at 8:30 every day.  Too bad if you can't make it.  I always hate it when a spur-of-the-moment meeting interferes with a once a year opportunity.  I understand though.  When you're punching someone else's clock, you don't get to do your own scheduling.

Click here for the General information for the Expo

DanG

Shucks Mike!  If I couldn't make it till noon, I'd go anyway.  A half-day is better than nuthin, and easily worth the effort to me.  They shut the gate at 5pm, but there's always some of us hanging around until 6 or after.  Just plan to come on when you can.  You'll be glad you did. :) :)

By the by, be careful out there this week.  I heard there will be a flu bug going around, and you'd really hate to miss out on that meeting. ;) :-X

brdmkr

My throat is a little scratchy.  Maybe too late to heed your warning.

Seriously, the meeting will be over by 10:30.  I could likely be there by 12:00 or a little after.  I may even just see if I can skip the meeting.  If I don't make it on Tuesday, I can't possibly come on Wednesday or Thursday as I have a group of folks that I have to work with.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Blake22

That same ole bug had me down for a few days but I think I'm just about over it. Good thing too, I'm bout ready to make that long 1 hour drive to Moultrie. I think I'm comin on 17th also.

DanG, what'd you do get mad at me? I was gonna call but I didn't want to use up your minutes cause I know how tuff it can be on you poor retirees :D Spend man spend, buy high, sell cheap keep the economy rollin.  ;D
Blake

DanG

Go ahead and call me, Blake.  I need to talk with you.  Might need some help with the logs after all, if you have a few. ;) ;D

Tom

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

Thank You Sponsors!