iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer 25th Anniversary Tour - Who's going where?

Started by DR Buck, December 20, 2006, 01:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

stumpy

Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Bibbyman

Quote from: neslrite on February 08, 2007, 07:53:29 PM
Tammy is on her way to the first show of the WoodMizer anniversary tour in North Carolina.

Here she is getting ready to drive out of the parking lot. ;D
Kevin

You's guys going to make it to all the WM 25'th stops? 

Hope to see you in Mt. Vernon in a couple of months.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

jackpine

Forgot about this thread. >:(

I'm also registered for the Wi. tour stop.

Burlkraft

Quote from: stumpy on February 09, 2007, 12:34:37 AM
I just registered for the Wisconsin show
Quote from: jackpine on February 09, 2007, 07:15:49 AM
Forgot about this thread. >:(

I'm also registered for the Wi. tour stop.

Well now...maybe we'll have ta have a FF lunch.... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

stumpy

Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

thecfarm

Is there any cost to go?I would like to go to the one in Chesterville,Maine.I bet I'm the closest one,10 minutes away.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jackpine

Burlkraft/Stumpy

That's 3 for lunch :) Any other Wi. f.f. folks going to join us?

Bibbyman

Quote from: thecfarm on February 09, 2007, 08:26:42 PM
Is there any cost to go?I would like to go to the one in Chesterville,Maine.I bet I'm the closest one,10 minutes away.

It cost $25/person to pre-register - more at the door.  But you get an arm load of goodies plus eats and entertainment.

Go to the first post on this tread and click on the link to the Wood-Mizer web site.  Or just go to the web site and follow the links to the show info. 
Sawing since '94

Burlkraft

Quote from: jackpine on February 09, 2007, 09:43:45 PM
Burlkraft/Stumpy

That's 3 for lunch :) Any other Wi. f.f. folks going to join us?

I'll be talkin' Beenthere inta goin......I'm sure he's got $25.00 he can part with.... :D :D :D

beenthere

I'd like ta go, fer sur. But I was of the impression that one hadda have a WM first.
Or just have rubbed off some orange paint........... ::) ???

I should look up the date first.......... ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Just tell 'em that ya got some orange paint under yer fingernails at my house..... :D :D :D

If ya can't get in let me know...I'll make anudder reservation...

I can't go without my co-pilot.... ;D ;D

Furby

Well if BT can't go, I can always drive over and lock the keys in the truck for ya Steve. :)
Sorry BT. :-X

Burlkraft

neslrite

Tammy and Megan spent the first half of the day at the Wood-Mizer 25th. The report back was that it was an exciting event with lots of cool things to do and see.

The 2 arches in the back of the LogRite van are powdercoated in Wood-Mizer Orange ;D, the arch will travel on the truck to all 17 stops on the tour, LogRite is an official sponsor of the tour. Wood-Mizer will also be giving away LogRite cant hooks at each event as door prizes.
I will post pictures when she gets back with the camera 8).
Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

onionman

Anyone going to be at the Georgia show next weekend?

cut2size

The first show was very nice.  We got to see the new LT50 in action as well as the new hydrostatic lt 40Super.  There was also a working sawdust burning furnace to see along with all the other Woodmizer units.  I felt that the seminars were for beginning sawyers but interesting nontheless.  I saw both logging arches as well as the cant hooks but I did not see Tamiam.  Three logrite canthooks were included in the 15 or 16 door prizes.  Unfortunately I was not a winner.  We were fed for lunch and dinner (Excellent caterers).  There were plenty of experts around to answer questions and they were kept busy.  Marty was there but I didn't get a chance to speak to him.  It was probably one of the best uses for $25 that I have had.  My only complaint was with the temperature.  I was expecting it to be a little warmer.
David
cut2size

Bibbyman

How did they power the hydrostatic drive on the LT40?  Did they have a pump attached to the engine like a power steering pump or did they mount another 12DC pump?  Or..what??

No pictures?
Sawing since '94

DWM II

Sounds like it will be all it should, I'm getting pumped for the 24th in MS. Thanks for the report.
Stewardship Counts!

MartyParsons

Yes like a power steering pump with a remote tank. Cable control normal hydrostatic controls. the futher you push it the faster it moves, center to stop.
Cut 2 size sorry we did not get to talk. Any other FF members there?
You dont need to be a WM owner to go! It will be $ 35.00 at the door save a 10 spot if you pre register. You can do this on line or give WM a call. Door prizes were the LogRite's 12" Dewalt Planer  Shirts Hats  LT40HD model and the Coat off of Jeff Laskowski back.  :o
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Don K

I'll be in GA this weekend and at MS next weekend. Look for the Forestry Forum hat with a fat dude under it.  :D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Burlkraft

Quote from: Don K on February 12, 2007, 07:24:13 AM
Look for the Forestry Forum hat with a fat dude under it.  :D

How many of us fit dat description... ??? ??? :D :D :D

wwsjr

Appears WM doing a good job on their special shows. Prizes look good.

Don K and DWM II, I will try to find you at MS show. I am the slim, gray haired old man in my gallery pictures. Don't have a Forum hat yet.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Radar67

Anybody know if they will be doing a demo or class on band sharpening and setting at the MS show?

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don K

The confirmation packet I received shows a seminar on blade profiles, processes, and applications, but I don't know about sharpening. I sure they might have a sharpener there.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Thank You Sponsors!