iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Midwest Forestry Industry Show - May 11-12 2007 in St. Charles, MO.

Started by ElectricAl, August 11, 2006, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricAl

The 2007 Midwest Forestry Industry Show date has been moved to May from September.

New date : May 11-12, 2007  8am-4pm

Location is the same: St. Charles Family Arena in St. Charles Mo.

Missouri Forest Products Association - Midwest Forest Ind Show info 

573-634-3252

Many of the Forestry Forum Sponsors will be there. 8)
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Bibbyman

This show has been declining the last couple of years.  Hopefully it will be better next spring.  The reason I'm hopeful is that Missouri Forest Products Association got a new director just a short time before the last show.   We know him personally and Mary took him around and talked to a lot of the vendors.  She gave him an ear full of ideas for improvements.

But then again,  one of the big complaints was the show's location in St. Charles.  We suggested a location more in the center of the state.  But maybe they already had the facility in St. Charles booked.

Here is a link to the show in the fall of 2005.

Midwest Forest Products show - St. Charles, Mo. Sept 23,24
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

This show is coming up in little over a week.  New this year will be an equipment auction on Friday afternoon at 3:00 PM.

Here is a link to some of the stuff to be at the auction..

Mid-west Forestry show auction list
Sawing since '94

inspectorwoody

I'll be there. Enjoyed the first show. We made a nice weekend of it. Went up in the arch, toured the Budweiser Plant, Bass Pro Shop etc. Makes for a nice mini vacation  :)

Bibbyman

Mary and I had packed a change of underwear and out tooth brushes expecting to spend the night in St. Charles and come back to the show the next day.  But the number of exhibits were down from last year and although it was a Friday,  the attendance was low also. 

We got all our visiting and seeing done by noon and eat a picnic lunch Mary had packed.  We made one more round to make sure and then left out about 2:00 for home.

I didn't waste my batteries taking many pictures.  Here is one of Bryan Martin of Baker passing time with Gary Moore of AWMV / Wood-Mizer while they were looking over the LT300.

The hats in the background are made of wood!  The guy in the lower left turns them out on a lathe.   

Here is some more of his handy work.  I wish I had talent.

If you've got plans to go or can go,  don't let my report talk you out of it.  We still met some interesting people and pick up some things we needed.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!