iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thoroughly entertained

Started by Jeff, February 28, 2009, 08:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I'm not much of a T.V. person. Oh sure, there are shows I watch, some I enjoy, but none that leave me wanting to do a report on. (Ax Men don't count) :)

Last month I found a channel I didn't know we had. BBC America. I discovered a show I had never watched or heard of. It is now my very favorite show. Each time I have watched it, I have been as the thread title says, thoroughly entertained. I'll bet our Canadian members know it, and certainly our members from the United Kingdom, and knowing me, its probably old news to the rest of you, but man, I really, really like this T.V. show.  Have you seen it?

Top Gear

I see there is a website I have not checked out yet

http://www.topgear.com/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

Never been to the Top Gear site, but, I read updates from it, regularly, on the Electric car Forum I frequent.  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

Actually Jeff you folks in the States are more likely to see it than us up here. I personally have not seen it. BBC shows are commonly aired at the local PBS station, even the BBC news. All I here on CBC Radio One is Polish and Czech Radio and  Radio Australia before 6:00 am weekdays, never too often a BBC TV show unless it's a "sky is falling" type show like that "Planet Earth Series". Used to see a Wildlife show or two, but since the government took over CBC that's kapoot pretty much. They seem deathly afraid up here of foreign content getting on the screen. I guess they can't compete with the better foreign shows. :D Ok, we've had a few winners, but not much in the last few years.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ianab

One of the classic Top Gear segments. Killing a Toyota Pickup.

Part one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk

Part Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM

Part Three

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk

Thoroughly entertained for sure  :D

Ian

Edit - the Youtube videos have had embedding turned off, copy the link above each clip.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

I've watched those. Amazing.

Tonight I watched those three guys take a road trip from California to Bonneville in 3 modern muscle cars.  A corvette, the new challenger and a Cadillac something or other.  This was really entertaining as well.

Last week I watched them decide to find out what it was like to be a "Lorry" Driver.  Loved it!

beenthere

All three say

"Embedding disabled by request"

??? ??? ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishpharmer

says that on mine too...

Sounds interesting...guess I could do a youtube search.

thanks Jeff
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

To bypass that embedding message just click the lower right icon and it gives the URL. Just erase everything in the URL after the "&" and it will come up when you paste in a new tab/window.

I see Jeff or someone pasted the code already. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Or you can just double click on the non-functioning video.  :)

ScottAR

I'm late to the party,  I was about to reply to the first post.

Top gear episodes are all over youtube.   I have several favorites
The top speed run in a Bugatti Veyron and the 3-4 "farming" episodes. 

Oh I forgot, they tried to help pave a road too...   ::)
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

DKinWA

My wife and I both like to watch it and it is definitely entertaining.  We started watching it a year or two ago and there have been some great shows.  Some of their stunts like driving the lorry through a brick wall make me cringe though.

Warbird

You should see the one where they fire heavy artillery at cars launched off a cliff.  It is awesome.

stumpy

My son turned me on to this show a year ago.  It's been on in Englnad for many years and is always the number 1 rated show on that channel.  They are always taking shots :D at Americans and our cars, but you'll see in that Bonneville episode, we kinda win them over.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Fla._Deadheader

Can't remember if the "White Zombie" was on Top Gear ???  If not, do a Google, and watch IT. Several Videos. It'll set you back in your seat.  ::) ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

jeffreythree

Top Gear rocks!  Clarkson's episode on the Ariel Atom is the best ever, but it does not seem to be on their website.  Check Youtube.  No windscreen, hardly any bodywork, tube framed, rear engined.  His cheeks flapping in the wind duing a high speed run on th track are great!  I also liked it when he raced the train to Italy in a Lambo from England.
Trying to get out of DFW, the land of the $30,000 millionaires.  Look it up.

asy

We LOVE Top Gear here!!!

I got my son about 10 Top Gear DVD's for Christmas and they're all fantastic!

My two favourites are Top Gear Africa and Top Gear USA. The USA one is hillarious, they have to buy a car for under $1000usd and drive it across the country. Needless to say it's so funny...

The producers have made a "Top Gear Australia", but it's nowhere NEAR as funny. The guys are trite and annoying. Apparently there's even a Top Gear Russia, but unfortunately I haven't seen an episode of that, but I'd LOVE to!

All three of them have also written books, and quite a number of them. Clarkson writes prolifically I think he's written about 10 books, mostly humerous, Sasha loves his books. May writes mostly 'documentary' type books, Sahsa has his "May's 20th Century" which is about technology, while Richard Hammond writes mostly semi-autobiographical books. Hammond was seriously injured when he broke his back during a stunt with a drag car on the show.

Anyway, suffice it to say I'm putting my hand up as a fan!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Warbird

Quote from: Warbird on March 01, 2009, 12:11:51 AM
You should see the one where they fire heavy artillery at cars launched off a cliff.  It is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ9Axb4wSg

ScottAR

I also forgot another...  When they test drive the Ford GTX1. 
If you have good speakers on the 'puter, turn em up.
The sound is glorious!!!
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

timberfaller390

there was a marathon on yesterday.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Thank You Sponsors!