The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: newby needs advice...Lumbermte 2000 vs. Lumbermate Pro MX34...  (Read 14221 times)

Offline Jeff

• Fearless Leader
  • Administrator
  • Oh la di oh la da
    • Share Post
    • Behind the  Forestry Forum YouTube channel
Re: newby needs advice...Lumbermte 2000 vs. Lumbermate Pro MX34...
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 10:03:03 AM »
I think they have priced themselves out of the market. So far they only sold 2 in PA.
I'm not 100% sure, none in DE. MD. WV.

Now how would you know any of this?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life.
Ezekiel 22:30

Offline gizmodust

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »
I have a LM2000 with a 15 hp Kohler that I bought new 4 yrs. ago.  I got the base unit and made my own extensions and trailer package for it.  One thing about a manual mill is that it  makes you think before you head into a log.  How many turns will it take, what is the best cuts.  I think I like the idea of feeling the blade in the wood.  You can tell if the speed is right or not.  Sometimes it's a good thing.  Have to admit that toe boards and turner would make it nice.  I have cut some monsters and have stopped people in their tracks when I cut at shows.  The biggest one was 34" x 22.5' :o :o :o.  That took a 950 Case to handle ;D ;D.  Welcome to the forum and try not to get the house too dusty :) 
Always liked wood with alot of character

Offline Apple farmer

• Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 02:41:57 AM »
Apple farmer, welcome to the forestry forum.  Good info on the Lumbermate mills.  I am curious how they configure two electric motors on the mill.  Do both motors drive the blade at the same time?

Do you have a link showing such configuration?
Thanks for the friendly welcome. Yes, both motors drive the blade. When you push the start button the first motor starts, and then there are some sort of automatic delay and the second motor starts a second or two later, this is called E-twin by Logosol. I haven´t been able to find any video on YouTube where you can actually see it. The mill used for the video demonstrating the LM410 Log Moulder is configured this way, but it isn´t easy to see. The written description is on both the Norwegian and Swedish Logosol-sites, but I guess most of you are not very familiar with the Nordic languages :(  I will try to post som pics when I get the mill later this summer.

BTW: there are also a Canadian company called Eastquip offering electric motors on the LumberMate mills. You can find a video on YouTube if you search for "Quiet Runner", but they have separate start/stop buttons for the two motors.

rgds, Knut aka Apple farmer
Logosol LM Pro MX34 w/E-Twin, PH360, Husky 346XPG, Sthil 026, Sthil 180E, Valtra 6850 w/ÅLØ FEL, Igland 4001, Ford 6600, Volvo "Buster", V70, Pajero

Offline den

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 01:09:17 PM »
Jeff  Jeff  Jeff

The old fashion way...call, or the modern way...Email  ;D

The known, two in PA.
The gray area, 4 hrs. radius would cover most of DE. and MD. better then half of WV. and VA.
I guess someone from each state could call and get a list from their state if their interested.

I tell my wife, I hate it when she questions me, she says get use to it.  :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------

On: Jun 06/01/10 9:11 AM
Hi xxxx
I have checked and there is non within your area.
Sorry about that.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
xxxx
Norwood Industries Inc.
Canada: 1660 Hwy 11 North, Kilworthy, ON  Canada P0E 1G0
U.S.A.:    252 Sonwil Drive, Buffalo, NY. USA 14225

Tel: (705) 689-2800
Fax (705) 689-1982

------------------------------------------------------

On 5/31/2010 10:13 PM,xxxx wrote:

I'm assuming your checking the radius area of 17225, because I'm 15 minutes from MD. and 30 minutes from WV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi xxxx
Since the LumberMate Pro MX34 is new to the market I only have two in the state of PA so far that have received delivery of them.
One is in Marshalls Creek, PA almost 3 hours from you and the other is in Lewis Run, PA which is about 4 hours from you.  If either of these are of interest let me know & I will contact the owner to see if I can give their contact information to you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to see one of your bandmills.
Are there any MX34 owners near me, Greencastle, PA. 17225
Homelite SuperXL, 360, Super2, Stihl MS251CB-E, Sotz M-20 20lb. Monster Maul, Wallenstein BXM-42

Offline fishpharmer

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »
Apple farmer, are you speaking of this video?  For a quiet runner its surprisingly loud.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Offline Apple farmer

• Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 04:03:14 PM »
Apple farmer, are you speaking of this video?  For a quiet runner its surprisingly loud.
Yes, this is the Canadian conversion with separate buttons to start the two engines, but as I said the Logosol-conversion sold in Norway and Sweden has only one button. The sound is mainly from the blade I suppose, not much noise from one or two electrical engines ;)

rgds, Knut aka Apple farmer
Logosol LM Pro MX34 w/E-Twin, PH360, Husky 346XPG, Sthil 026, Sthil 180E, Valtra 6850 w/ÅLØ FEL, Igland 4001, Ford 6600, Volvo "Buster", V70, Pajero

Offline Mike@Norwood

• Sponsor
    • Share Post
    • www.norwoodsawmills.com
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 09:28:39 AM »
Hello guys

If I may chime in, we have our tradeshow LumberMate Pro MX34 stored in our Buffalo warehouse right now if you would like to stop by and have a look.  We also have both the LumberMate Pro MX34 and LumberLite ML26 mills on display in our showroom in our Ontario facility and the LumberMate Pro is on display at Norwood’s Alberta and New Brunswick dealers.  You’ll also find us at many tradeshows this season.  Please feel free to stop by and pay us a visit. 

In response Den, while we have many sawmills in the field, not everyone authorizes us to disclose their contact information.  We take our customers’ privacy very seriously; if our customers don’t want to be contacted, we will not even disclose their existence.  Each day we have more and more mills reaching the hands of our customers, and more customers who give us permission to give out their name and number to others.  Give us a call to see if an owner near you has signed up for our referral program.

For those who haven't seen the new MX34 Pro in person, I must say I think you'll be thoroughly impressed. It's a challenge to capture the size difference of the new LumberMate MX34 compared to the LumberMate 2000.  You truly have to see it in person to get a full appreciation.

Although the LumberMate Pro MX34 and LumberLite ML26 have new patented features and larger capacity, both were based on the same premise as the LumberMate 2000 – user-friendly, rugged and dependable. 

Thank you for your support

Have a great day,

Mike@Norwood

Offline Walnutclyde

• Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »
thanks everyone for the input...

ahlkey and I are thinking along the same lines..my plan is to try and find a used LM2000 before mid
august, as I won't have time to use it or money to buy it until then...I have a refundable deposit
on  the MX34 just in case I don't find a used one...but I'm pretty sure I'll find one..a couple have
come up but guys seem to be asking a lot...one for $7000 bare bones set up, which is more than they
were new(when they were avail.)

My husband's LM2000 was bought in 2006.  It didn't cost under 7000.00 new.  Of course it has the trailer pkg and  other extras.   I have the invoice right here in front of me.  You must consider the shipping also.  Some might get excited about putting one together, but  I will never forget the arrival of the crates!  I felt a lot overwhelmed.  My husband did enjoy putting it together.  I might run across all the pics taken of it being put togther. 

Offline Ironwood

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
    • http://www.branchandburl.com
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 09:48:41 AM »
Nearly ALL the noise is the blade guides, they are supposed to be noisy.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Offline ohsoloco

• Senior Member x2
  • Can we stay outside and play in the sawdust?
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2010, 10:15:50 PM »
I don't know anything about the new Lumbermate, but I LOVE my LM2000.  Contrary to what a couple other people have said, I wouldn't recommend the log roller/toe boards.  They just aren't beefy enough (not sure if they've been changed or not, I bought mine back in 2001).  The logs that are big enough to warrant using the rollers are too heavy to allow you to raise them.  I bent the bar/handle used to raise them, and finally broke one of the bolts. 

They're lying on the ground near the mill site if anyone's interested...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
how much is a used norwood lumbermate 2000 worth? Advice on what to buy

Started by MN Joe 39 on Sawmills and Milling

12 Replies
Last post March 24, 2019, 09:53:41 PM
by 1countryboy
xx
SAVE $500 on the ALL-NEW LumberMate Pro MX34

Started by Mike@Norwood on Norwood Sawmills USA Inc.

0 Replies
Last post February 16, 2010, 05:31:21 PM
by Mike@Norwood
xx
Used Norwood Lumbermate Pro MX34, thoughts?

Started by Lostinmn on Sawmills and Milling

11 Replies
Last post April 19, 2020, 09:30:09 PM
by Lostinmn
xx
Norwood Lumbermate Pro MX34 info

Started by dirtymartini on Sawmills and Milling

6 Replies
Last post September 11, 2015, 12:05:39 PM
by dboyt