iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buntzen Lake B.C

Started by D Hagens, June 06, 2011, 04:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D Hagens

I went to Buntzen Lake, it's located in Port Moody.
Here's a few pics of the lake.

This lake has a power house on the end, it supplies a lot of power to the tri-cities. In this pic you can see at the very end a smaller power house.

The walk around the lake takes close to 7 hours, lots of up and down walking but its all good :)
  Here's the bill board stuck out in no where explaining all about the power and how its made.

This is a pic on the same bill board of power house #2'

Due to the snow melt the lake is pretty high, these tress normally aren't like this :)

Along the way there's many of these.

And these.

Just after the half way mark there's a suspension bridge, it really sways and rocks :D

Here's the sign at the beginning of the bridge :D

I passed this piece of bark, it looks pretty interesting.

There's a few cliffs along the way.

Looking up at the canopy.

And there's a floating bridge here as well. Here's the part that don't float, it's solid :)

Now if you look ahead you'll notice that the floating bridge is under water :D :D That's right the floating bridge don't float anymore :D :D

Me thinks the bridge has sunk :D So I had to walk through a few hundred feet of knee deep freezing cold water :D

Had a few hundred feet of of dry walking and then the path was flooded again, this was the fifth flood along the way.

All in all it was a great day, sun was out and I got away from the wife for the day 8) 8)

thecfarm

A 7 hour walk to see the county side. Sounds like a good time. Enjoy the pictures you take for us to see.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

D Hagens

Glad you enjoy the pics :) Here's a few pics of me sent to me this morning from one of the people walking along the way.

Walking through the non floating bridge 8)

Where the non floating bridge is sunk to the bottom is where it gets deep :D

Thank You Sponsors!