Welcome to Bluecreeper

Started by Tam-i-am, September 20, 2011, 08:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

To all the fans of Rust Reaper, thank you for your patronage.  We hope you will like the new site.  We hope you will send us new testimonials and new uses for Bluecreeper.

The new website is up and soon we will have a facebook page as well.

I just have one more thing to do - come up with a new dessert.  That way at the pig roast next year there will be Logrite Brownies and Bluecreeper ______. ;D

Tamiam

Link added by admin  ;):

www.bluecreeper.com

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Ironwood

So, Tam does this mean you bought Rust Reaper? Or have a similar product? I have no idea what your post meant.  Ahhhhhh I found it,................................

"Jeff and Red posted about timing because they knew something was in the works and the big announcement was to be made at the pig roast.  Yesterday Mike passed the
Rust Reaper hat off to LogRite.  Rust Reaper will now be made and marketed by LogRite.  

The plan is to color it blue and call it Bluecreeper.  Blue because that is our color and everyone who has used it knows its awesome creeping capabilities.

Thanks for the advice about the labels.  We have found water proof paper labels that won't smudge even when RR spills on them.  We are still considering different packaging options.

Will keep you posted of changes.  For now,  the website and product will look the same."

Thanks Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

WDH

Tamiam,

I never met a blueberry cheesecake that I did not like  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clif

Or blueberry Jello with lots of fresh blueberries and whipped cream for those so inclined.  Clif
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

thecfarm

Guess I'll have to go to the Pig roast to get some Logrite brownies since I did not get any at Bangor Expo.  :(
I vote for Bluecreeper pie. I like pie,blueberry pie.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

I went to the website and it looked great.  I saw a question about how would you use bluecreeper today.  One suggestion that popped up was to lube your tablesaw table.  I had not thought of that.  I buy some lube in a spray can from Grizzly to lube up the cast iron tables on the tablesaw, jointer, and planer.  It is silicon free as silicon is a bad actor when applying finish even if trace amounts remain.  So, the question is about the suitability of using bluecreeper to lube the cast iron surfaces to make them slick on woodworking equipment without any adverse effect on the wood as invariably some will get on the wood surface.  Would any trace amounts of blue creeper be compatible with oil based finishes?  Is there anyone out there with experience with this?

I would like to try it, but wanted to do a little homework first.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

trapper

I guess I am kind of slow but I can not find a link to the website and google didn't help.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Tam-i-am

the website is  www.bluecreeper.com

And I was thinking minty dessert as it smells minty. ;D

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tam-i-am

WDH

If your machine is not going to be used for awhile I would use Bluecreeper as a rust inhibitor then just before use wipe off the Bluecreeper with a rag, and apply a dusting of unscented baby powder or corn starch to help slick up the table.

Burlkraft

I've got lots of blue and green creeper, but I do not have a blue creeper sleevless tee shirt......Hello Santa  :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Moose Man

it was a very hot day. I reached for a beer and to my surprise i was out. after searching all over the shop i found one . the only problem was that it was rusted shut. i reached for my bluecreeper and used just a few drops. seconds later i was enjoying my beer thank you for saving the day bluecreeper you're the best

JV

FedEx dropped off a box today but I didn't pay much attention as my wife has been ordering things for Christmas.  She looked at it and asked me to open it.  Box opened and inside was a half dozen 1 oz bottles with the precision oiler along with some 8 oz refill bottles.  She ordered for me, some family members, and some friends.  Her first order of business was for me to oil a squeaky hinge, took a few drops and no squeak.  I have used RR in the past and now will be using Bluecreeper.  I have a couple of old woodworking machines to restore this winter and will be using it to loosen a lot of nuts and bolts before stripping the machines down.  Good stuff.  Her Christmas stocking may be overflowing this year, she's a keeper.   ;D
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

trapper

Wife was having trouble with her sewing machine.  Gave her my mechanics oiler with RR in it. Took care pf the problem.  Still have RR but the formula is suposed to be the same.  Will be switching to blue when I run out.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

CHARLIE

Tamiam, here's an idea. Make your standard delicious brownies and then make a platter or two of candy mints dyed blue.  They could be Blue Creep mints.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/party-mint-patties/detail.aspx
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tam-i-am

I'll have to check them out and let you know what I think.
I'm afraid that much blue food coloring will make everyone's mouths turn blue. ;D

Radar67

I recommended your product on a leather working site today. A Gentleman's antique swivel knife screw was rusted up, it belonged to his dad from the 50s.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Dan_Shade

Quote from: Tamiam on February 03, 2012, 03:47:32 PM
I'll have to check them out and let you know what I think.
I'm afraid that much blue food coloring will make everyone's mouths turn blue. ;D

Just think, you could make the whole family blue with a well planned mixer mishap while making the bluecreeper blueies...
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Radar67 on February 03, 2012, 04:14:29 PM
I recommended your product on a leather working site today. A Gentleman's antique swivel knife screw was rusted up, it belonged to his dad from the 50s.

Radar67 how did it work out?

Rooster

I have encouraged the purchasing agent at the local ACE Harware to look into selling BC at his store.  He has emailed somone through the site, but in order for him to submit a purchasing request of a new product, he would need a UPC symbol and other purchasing info from BC so that his district warehouse can review it.  There is a lot of local interest in the product, and the purchasing agent not only sees the potential for BC sales, but just getting more of us guys in the door.  So what is the story behind retail sales such as this?

Thanks,

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Tam-i-am

Thanks Rooster!  I have been contacted by ACE Hardware.  He said someone had given him a sample and wanted them to be dealers for the stuff.  I just wasn't sure who it was.

I'll keep you posted on what they decide.

Tam-i-am

For those who live around Fort Atkinson, WI can now get Bluecreeper at the Goyer Ace Hardware, as they have become our newest dealer.

Thank you Rooster for requesting they carry Bluecreeper!

It looks like I am going to have to put together a dealer page on the website.

Rooster

Tamiam,

I went down to my local Ace Hardware (Fort Atkinson, WI...Go BlackHawks!!!) and purchased an 8 oz. refill bottle yesterday!!  Between me and my friend Steve M., they might have a hard time keeping this stuff stocked!!!  He has been buying and sharing with the guys at his firehouse clear over to Milwaukee's Northside!!

Thanks,

Rooster
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

Rooster

Rooster

I used Bluecreeper on my daughter's in-line skates which have ABEC 5 serviceable wheel bearings.  She texted me the next day and said that they fealt like new skates!!!

Now that's what we call "Bluecreeper Love"!!
Mike Rowe

Rooster