Mechanics oiler??

Started by Brad_bb, September 25, 2011, 01:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

I just looked on the new website and I don't see the small mechanics oiler.  That's my preferred one.  When you have to get into tight spaces, like the exhaust head pipe to exhaust manifold connection where had to lube the rusty nuts with Bluecreeper before attempting to remove them.  It would have been more difficult with the larger 1oz squeeze bottle.  So what gives, are you eliminating the .5oz squeeze bottle/mechanics oiler?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tam-i-am

Sorry Brad we did decide to discontinue the mechanics pen as it was not a great value for anyone.  Because of the packaging you paid more for less.
But that's not to say you couldn't make an argument to bring it back.

I have some left if you need them.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

trapper

I bought a refillable metal mechanics pen at the local menards store and use rust reaper in it.  Didnt run out of the reaper yet.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Brad_bb

As I said, I think it's a mistake, you can get in tighter areas with the pen and I prefer it around the shop in general.  It's worth it in that respect.  I have a larger filler bottle anyway to refill my pens.  It's the applicator, not .5oz that I'm interested in.

pnyberg

I've got to agree with Brad.  Most of the Rust Reaper, ummmm Bluecreeper, that gets applied to my sawmill is via the smallest dispenser previously available (whatever that should be called).  I wouldn't want to buy it that way, but that's the easiest form to carry it in my traveling toolkit.

Of course now that I have one, I won't need another.  Unless I lose it....

--Peter
No longer milling

Brad_bb

I left one on the mower deck of my JD yard mower.  Forgot it there and went out to mow, then after I finished, I fount the shreded oiler in the grass, DOH!  So they can dissapear, get lost, or get chopped up by the mower.