iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EXPO Richmond 2004

Started by Pete J, May 05, 2004, 09:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete J

Hi All,
We signed up to do the Richmond Logging and Sawmilling show this year. We'll be at booth #118 in the main building showing off our tools and getting some feedback.
Any other Forestry Forum members going?
Pete

Captain

I'll be there with a couple of swing blade mills....anybody got logs they need sawn????

Captain

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Pete J

From the official website:http://www.exporichmond.com/
Quote:
Expo Richmond 2004 has been rescheduled for Friday and Saturday June 4th and 5th, 2004.

The biennial East Coast Sawmill and Logging Equipment Exposition is one of the most acclaimed trade shows of its type in the country, consistently drawing a large, quality audience of the forest products industry's most respected personnel and key decision makers. "The Richmond Show" will be 2004's largest collection of sawmill, logging, pallet and related manufacturing equipment, supplies and services in the Eastern United States. With 12 acres of outdoor exhibit space and over 350 indoor booths, "the Richmond Show" provides over 500,000 square feet for exhibits, displays and active demonstrations of the industry's state-of-the-art technology.
Pete
pete@logrite.com

Frickman

I'm going to do my best to get there, it's always a great show. With them moving it from May to June it's harder for me as early June is the start of our hay mayking season. I got my registration back already, so now maybe I'll have to go. Might even get me one of them Log-Rite cant hooks.  ;) ;)
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Sam

We'll be there! We usually do Richmond up pretty big. We'll be in booths N-4 and N-5 outside and 117 inside. Hope to see some you guys there!

Bibbyman

Looks like Wood-Mizer is going to be there also..  They've got it on their show calendar.  

Mary and I sure like Virginia but it's a little out of our travelin' circle.

A little birdie told me WM may be showing another improvement to their LT15 mill at the Richman show.  
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Pete J

Sam,
It sounds like you may have done the Richmond show before? Question for you or anyone else for that matter. how far is the dealer parking area from the display area's/buildings? I've found that our 10 x 10 booth is a little cramped to hold a lot of tools in stock. I frequently have to run to the truck to fetch more tools and I'm wondering how many miles I have to run back and forth.
Pete

Sam

It's been four years since I was there personally. I think you can figure about two football field away from the buildings. Not a marathon, but you should get some exercise!  ;D

It's been a pretty busy show in the past, often hard to get out of the booth for lunch even! I'll be working our inside booth most of the time. Looks like we might be neighbors Pete, so I'm sure I'll see you there!

shopteacher

Is this open to the public? Do you need a sponsor? Is there a entrance fee? Parking fee?  Just want to make sure and dig deep enough into the wife's purse.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Jeff

shopteacher

missed that link earlier

[size=12]Thanks! [/size][/i] [size=12]Thanks! [/size][/color]
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Captain

Hey 'Teach, Frickman and everyone else coming, be sure to stop by the Peterson tent for a picture with RevCant and myself.

Oh yeah, and bring me a log and a materials list :P

Captain

Pete J

Hey Captain,

We're expecting a nice plate of cookies in return for those 3 logs we're bringing for you. NO COOKIES, NO LOGS!

LogRite

FeltzE

We may get up to the show,   The last time I went we picked up some very nice large blue equipment from Sam... And I havn't been able to wear it out to buy more...

Eric

Captain

You've not seen my baking, have you Pete??

Tam-i-am

Hey Members

I will be offering my new product line at our booth.  Mention you are a Forestry Forum Member and I will let you try the new LogRite Brownie.  Just ask Rocky they are delicious!

Yes, Pete I will give you one - leave Captain alone.

Tam I Am
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Frickman

The way the rains are falling it looks I may be able to make it. My right hand man here says he'd ride along for company. You all will have to pick a place to meet on Saturday afternoon.

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

VA-Sawyer

I'm planning on being there a least for Friday.
VA-Sawyer

Frickman

Jarod and I decided we're going for sure. I say we meet at the Woodmizer display at 2:00 Saturday. I'll be the little runt wearing a forum hat.

DR_Buck

8)

I'll be there in the morning wearing the forum hat as well.

Dave
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

Dont forget your cameras! Lets get some pictures for these names. I wanna see what a runt Frickman looks like. :)

Pete J

We got a few pictures with shopteacher today. We'll try and post them when we get home.

I also want to see what a runt frickman is. Maybe we'll send out someone to meet him at 2:00 saturday.

Today was a wet, miserable washout. At least for the guys with the outside sawmill displays. It was steady rain all day with periods of torrential downpours. It was hard for Captain to demo that Peterson mill while wearing a rain poncho. Everyone is hoping for better weather tommorow. At least we had an inside booth. We got to meet many FF members. Most of them were soaking wet.

We'll have more LogRite brownies tommorow. Stop by and ask for one.
Bye!

Frickman

I made it to the show and had a good time, at least while I was there. More on that later. Some high points for me:

I got to meet the guys from Log-Rite. They're great guys, and are selling some nice tools. Tamiam makes some excellent brownies too.

Woodmizer had a new, prototype band linebar resaw on display. It was a good looking piece of equipment.

Ligna demonstrated a band mill similar to the Woodmizer 300 stationary. It is called the Medor I believe, and is a massive piece of equipment. It used a blade about 3" wide.

Stihl had an impressive array of equipment on display, and a demo area where you could try the saws out. Also, they did some wood chopping demonstrations. Mel Lentz was there doing his thing.

The Northern Logger magazine had a booth set up inside. Eric Johnson, the editor, was manning it along with some other personell. He is a great guy and puts out a great magazine.

Now for the low point of the trip for me. I was returning home Saturday evening and the final drive, which works like a differential, on my little Jetta locked up on me just north of Culpepper, Va. The car would not even roll. I had it towed back into Culpepper and stayed a day or so there. A buddy of mine who is always looking for adventure brought a car trailer down and rescued me, about a four hour trip each way. He won't take money other than for fuel, he just wants a bundle of lumber some time. Sounds like a deal to me. We got home OK and I'm back at farming and sawing.

I hate to dissapoint Jeff, but I don't like getting my picture taken. Maybe I can make it to the pig roast though and meet all you guys.

Thank You Sponsors!