iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

processor

Started by woodmills1, February 06, 2002, 02:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

sorry i made ya so green with the forwarder thing pictures :o, i thought a shot of my small firewood processor wood cheer you up :D, so here it is. It is a chomper from rainelle hydraulics. It uses a shear instead of a saw. i bought it to clean up slabs from my sawmill, but it will shear, and half split, just under 10 inch green hardwood, though it doesnt like the standing dead stuff much over 6 inches. this was his prototype for this particular model, as i wanted one and they didnt sell so well he didnt have any on hand, so i bought this from him. rainelle hydraulics makes many models larger than this, but i liked this one because the infeed can be sloped so gravity does the work, and the conveyor will load the truck. it also has a hydraulic winch for heavier or longer logs that can be fed with the infeed horizontal. pretty slick i say. not a real good picture though.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Frank_Pender

The envy did not last very long, thank you, woodmills.  I spoke with one of my ex-students that has a fleet of 7 log trucks just down the road a couple of miles today.  He reminded me of the Prentice 25 log loader that would be exactly what I would be the most happy.  I am going to do some on line searching and some noseing around see what I can find before I spend a whole lot of $ for sometning tht may not do the job I have to have done.  Remember, folks, we have on the whole, a large variety of of species and lengths we deal with out here in the wilds of Oregon and Washington, on occassion.
Frank Pender

woodmills1

yes by all means make sure you size your purchases to the job at hand.  I got my forwarder at a huge discount because it was too small for the original purchaser.  i also got my woodmizer at good value because the original ownere had lost interest.  so yes do your homework and fit the machine to the job. by the way i also have two small koetter electric kilns i picked up in a two for one sale but havent hooked up yet. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!