iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

router table

Started by jargo432, June 30, 2014, 11:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jargo432

I've been using a homemade router table for a while and have been thinking of buying one. 

If you don't mind I'd like to take a small poll here....

What's the best router table you can buy for the money.  ($200 - $300 range)

Jack of all trades.

WDH

I have this one, the Rousseau Portable Supersize Folding Router Table Model 3351, and it has worked fine.  Many, many hours on it.

http://www.mytoolstore.com/rousseau/routtbl.html

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

I built my router into a 4 x 8 table to ensure I could run some long boards when I was making doors, not the best set up, but absolutely necessary back then.  Built my own set up with some half inch lexan.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Larry

I would get plans for the Norm Abrams router table and build it.  For the table insert I would get something from Rousseau.  My table insert has stood the test of time along with my abuse.  If your using a big router, they are heavy enough to sag a 3/4" top.  Reinforce or make it 1 1/2" thick.

I would also buy the best router lift made.  I have a Router Raizer on an Dewalt/Elu which seems to be good quality, but I only use it hand held.  There may be others that are better.  My table does not have a lift (they weren't invented in the olden days) and I hate tweaking the cutter height.

Doing the above would take care of your budget, but you will have a top of the line router table.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

mesquite buckeye

I got tired of my cheapo router table and upgraded to a slightly better 3hp wood shaper that has router bit collets. It works just like it is supposed to. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Bruno of NH

I have a Bench Dog brand
With 3 1/2 router in it
Works great worth a look
Jim / Bruno of NH
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

jargo432

I actually bought the plans for the Norm Abram table about a year ago.  After watching the video and looking at the plans I decided to buy one.  :D  (it would take me a couple of months to build that)
Jack of all trades.

Thank You Sponsors!