iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Video of my new electric saw

Started by teed, May 09, 2015, 01:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimpy

Bottom line is that it's pretty cool to be making sawdust for your projects. Nice setup.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

teed

Quote from: gimpy on May 10, 2015, 12:24:41 PM
Bottom line is that it's pretty cool to be making sawdust for your projects. Nice setup.

Yes it is as good as a really good hand plane, I can stand and just plane o plane for pleasure's sake.
Same thing with saw shavings from my small sawmill  8)
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

Nomad

Teed, I'm really impressed.  I really like your new equipment!!!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

tmarch

That's slickerNsnot on a door knob (old saying).
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Ox

Slicker than snot on a hot tin roof...
Slicker than goose poop on a pump handle...
Slicker than snail poop...
Slicker than...well, I guess that's all I gots. ::)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Dave Shepard

Quote from: teed on May 10, 2015, 04:33:24 AM
Quote from: fishfighter on May 09, 2015, 09:02:11 PM
What is the power need for it?

fishfighter
in Sweden and in Europe it describes the effect of the electric motors with watts, not like in the US where you use the HP or Amp. Then we have some other Differences, we have 240volt wall sockets and all the houses have 3 phase standard that is 400 volts.
So the motor on the saw is 5000 watt 400volt 3 phase. But there are similar chainsaws in the US and then I think they are 220 volt 3 phase and 40Amp.

I have seen a lot of portable sawmill videos from Europe. They just pull in the yard, drop the legs, and run a cord over to the house. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

samandothers

Very cool! Thank you for sharing!

Ox
Slicker than cow poop on a flat rock!

Ox

sam -  :D
I've heard cows and flat rocks but it pertains to rain. - Wow, it's raining hard!  Sounds like a cow pithing on a flat rock!
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

samandothers

Nice. I'll have to use that one too.

mad murdock

Logosol really has some neat equipment, definitely some "outside the box" thinking that they have going on. If i were looking to go production, i think an electrified M8 and a LAKS would be a sweet combo.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Percy

Quote from: Ox on May 10, 2015, 08:39:44 PM
Slicker than snot on a hot tin roof...
Slicker than goose poop on a pump handle...
Slicker than snail poop...
Slicker than...well, I guess that's all I gots. ::)
Slick
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

teed

Thinking a bit on what the next movie will be about. Is there anyone here who has some ideas? Looking to make a comparison between the electric saw and chainsaw. Or I will make a detailed movie on electric saw?

Bruno of NH

More on the electric saw please !
Jim /Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ox

I think a comparison between chainsaw and electric saw would be great!  In the same width cut.  Then maybe some more on the electric showing wider cuts and going through tough knots and showing how flat and smooth it cuts through.
Thanks for taking the time for your videos - I like them.

teed

Thank you for the input. Is in full swing with the planning up more films that I will do in the future. Is there anything else you would think was funny to see around my small sawmills just let me know?

5quarter

very, very nice! The chainsaw mill equivalent of a Woodmizer.  ;) :D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Thank You Sponsors!