iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

vehicle ?

Started by sandhills, March 17, 2016, 12:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

To mechanics or owners of one, my mom drives a '10 Dodge Odessey and when put in reverse it makes a grinding noise.  The noise comes from a small box inside the drivers side front wheel, has to be an electric motor in there trying to engage 2 gears by my thinking, it will go into gear though and back normally when it quits.  Has anyone else had this problem, or know what my clear as mud description is?  This an all wheel drive so maybe something to do with that?  Thanks for any thoughts before I take it apart.

coxy

sounds like the vacuum part of the hub is not engaging right away  does this drive off the front wheels normaly  or back wheels

DelawhereJoe

I have never heard of a Dodge Odessy, grand caravan, honda odessey yes. I have a chrysler town and country with is a grand caravan its a '08 but there are no vacuum or electric motor around the front wheels. I'm not sure if your talking about a Dodge Journey, but I think everything in the awd system is controled inside the transmission, I also have a Jeep patriot 4wd and have never heard and gear or electric motor noises from it.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

gww

Everytime I have a problim with something I google something like (problims with a dodge neon) or something like that and usually if you are having the problim, it will be something that is relitive to that modle.  I usually have good luck narrowing it down that way.  Then I go to you tube to see if anyone shows how to fix it.  Takes lots of time but allows you to fix things you have no ideal about.
Hope this helps in some way.
gww

I do this with washing michines,  ice boxes, everything.

Thank You Sponsors!