Getting things dialed in "finally"!

Started by mad murdock, May 21, 2017, 10:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad murdock

Got things going well finally. The large lag is my fault due to so many irons in the fire concurrently!  I moved the mill to my neighbors log stack and started in on his wood last night. I modified Jakes dolly with some better tires and wheels (learnt the hard way) and will be making a trailer dolly that will attach to the beam as I fashioned a tough adapter to fit into the head post on the front end of the mill.  I will get a few pics and put with this post later. I really like the 395XP on this mill. Plenty of power with the dual port muffler and it rips through the cuts no problem. I tired a 4" cut and even one single pass 6" cut, they were doable but 2" and 3" cuts are much faster and are definitely the way to go. First log a 15' doug fir, planed across the top of the log to check adjustments, all looked good, planed a vertical face to check vertical adjustments and all was good. After the move I had to re square the carriage to the beam as there was some jostling that occurred in transit, due to the wheel failure. No damage to anything though. A testament to the tough nature of these awesome mills!  Very easy to move. With the wheel and tire upgrade I made, the mill will travel in the woods much easier also. Neighbors Douglas fir logs. I hope to get through these this week of spare time milling.
Dialed in on the first log. About 110 bd ft. Took about 30 min. Like Jake said, once I get my brain geared to the turbosaw speed will increase. Still about 10 times faster than the CSM 8)
A shameless pic of the wonderful piece of engineering that Jake and Mike at Turbosaw helped me to get up and going ยก! Hunks guys!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D